Creating Kontakt Instruments

gotet10

Learner
Jan 12, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know of any good online tutorials or something similar to that that explains how to create a Kontakt Drum Instrument?
I know there is a way to make the instrument in Battery and transfer it, but I just seriously can't find any tutorials or anything on doing it.
I'm just looking to make some instruments from my own samples similar to Joey's or SSD Drum Samples.

I also need to know, I usually learn everything myself, but I haven't been playing with kontakt enough. some help would be helpful, haha

Okay so I put 4 hard hits on row one in columns 1 - 4 and I did the same with the mediums and softs in row 2 and 3.
I saved it as a kit and imported it into kontakt, but now I have samples all over the different midi notes.
So I tried to layer them all on C1 for the kick and I changed the hard velocities to 110 - 127 and medium from 109-80 and soft from 79-0.
However, when I go to hit C1 on they keyboard it plays all the hits at once for the velocity layer it's in.

I'm stuck... lol

Edit -----

Okay so I think I figured it out. I changed the voice group of the hard hits to 1 and the medium to 2 and soft to 3. That seemed to make it work but I'm not sure if it's actually playing the different samples for the groups or not.

It's so difficult to try to explain this by typing btw.

:zombie:

Edit again -----

figured it out finally!!! I'll post a semi informative tutorial soon. =]

Does anybody know what i should do do get Kontakt 4 (for Joeys samples to work) I got 3.5 when i bought SSD, but i think thats just the player. Do i need to buy Kontakt 4 or just the $149 upgrade?

do what I did to get around the system.
I crossgraded to the full kontakt version by using the SSD
and then I crossgraded to Komplete by using the full version on Kontakt

:p