Creating V cover from scratch

Haha, i gotta say that even thoguh it may be somewhat basic and the real V cover looks like hell, but i couldn't even come close. looks like OP actually has some decent ability to do this duplication... possibly even better depending on how he does the masked figures. still, he does better than i could ever do, so props to the artwork.

Constructive criticism: the red sky looks too saturated on the light parts. The frame doesn't look 3d.

The rest of it looks pretty cool.

darkblade said:
lets see your attempt at it then.
The "let's see you do it then" argument, isn't.

Just because you personally couldn't do better doesn't somehow improve the quality of the thing being criticised.

Constructive criticism:

Just because you personally couldn't do better doesn't somehow improve the quality of the thing being criticised.

Please change this qoute as it was not I that said it. However it is always my exact thought when the demeaning critics go their route. Constructive criticism is one thing, then theres this other form.

Constructive criticism: the red sky looks too saturated on the light parts. The frame doesn't look 3d.

The rest of it looks pretty cool.

absolutely.

v.jpg

Hehe, thanks. I have some other ridiculous MS Paint sketches about Stephen King's novels too. I don't do them to mock anyone or anything, doing grotesque MS Paint abominations is just friggin' fun.

Lucius Octavion: you've done a great job with the picture. The background looks better than the original. Can't wait to see it finished.

I have made some major improvements. I have added a new sky, shaded it, made the picture frame taller, added the water, and exposed the shadow a bit more.

vcover2ax0.png

I have made some major improvements. I have added a new sky, shaded it, made the picture frame taller, added the water, and exposed the shadow a bit more.

vcover2ax0.png
That's looking really good now!

Incidentally, when I said about 3d, I meant more the frame itself has no side rather than about shadow.

Great. The sky is also far better from the previous one. But, i didn't like the frame very much. I think a crimson-black hued thinner frame would be far better. And also, if i were you, i would make the frame and the figures smaller, which would be different from tha cover of V, yet even may be cooler than that. Just an opinion ;)

I have no idea how I'm going to make the figures. I was trying to work on the frame being more three dimensional. I don't think I'm going to shrink it though.

Is anyone besides me entertaining the idea that he could mix the V and Awake covers together?