Crimson Glory - In Dark Places 1986-2000

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
Anybody know anything about this? Considering there are 5 discs, I'm guessing this is a box set, but I'm curious if this has their okay or not since we all know those MetalMind discs had nothing to do with them.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Places-1986-2000-Crimson-Glory/dp/B003UN58ZQ/ref=sr_1_60?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280593860&sr=1-60"]http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Places-1986-2000-Crimson-Glory/dp/B003UN58ZQ/ref=sr_1_60?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280593860&sr=1-60[/ame]

Whether it is or not, seems insanely overpriced.

Anybody know anything about this? Considering there are 5 discs, I'm guessing this is a box set, but I'm curious if this has their okay or not since we all know those MetalMind discs had nothing to do with them.

it's interesting that Metal Mind keeps reissuing these things and if someone has the rights and does nothing about it stopping it...why don't they? it would really only take a phone call to Roadrunner for inquiry, honestly.

i had a discussion recently with a friend in the industry and he stated knowing RR contracts in and out he doubts that CG have the rights to Transcendence, but should have rights to CG since they released themselves originally on Par Records before licensing to RR for more widespread re-release back then.

though i am not calling anyone a liar by any means, but it would be interesting to get legal word from RR on this subject. i, myself, would agree with my friend that RR owns Transcendence still.

the other issue is "territory" of these reissues. RR may own rights to the albums outside of the USA and if these are not being "distributed" officially in the USA but rather imported that is another topic, naturally.

so many questions, so little time.

JUST RECORD THE CG NEW ALBUM ALREADY! ;)

There are so many times when the band bitches about reissues and they are just pissed because they are not getting a cut. But so often they don't own the material or remember who does. In many cases and even a recent one I can think of the band or the members are just out of line and don't know what they hell they are talking about.
If Drenning owns it then why did he not do something with it before? Why did he not pursue a label to re-issue it? I have not seen that question brought up. I would guess that maybe there was a little bit more to it.
I have thought for a while some of the Metal Mind stuff was questionable, and read similar things from other bands. The Crimson Glory always struck me odd because 'Strange and Beautiful' was in the batch. But hey if these bands can't get off their asses and do something then more power to Metal Mind.