crimson?

spikes77

Jun 6, 2001
Brooklyn, NYC
all the guitar players on the board....want to try to tab out crimson? or at least whatever we can do....(im pretty bad by the way)i think i know the main riff....lol thats all i have.....

-----------------------------
-----------------------------
--------6---------------------
777774--------------------
555554--------------------
55555----------------------
. . . . .

Main riff?! Hmmmm, that's an interesting term.....but for some reason I don't think it applies to Crimson!!! Though I think the song could be easily tabbed, it's actually pretty simple, just long. And excellent!

Yeah, someone on the Opeth board wanted the tabs for it a while back, I had a look at it. It's not too hard, but someone really needs to figure out what tuning they're using, otherwise everyone's tabs would be different......

oh, btw: if you wanna divide up time frames for everyone, you can count me in, so long as there's more than 3 of us.

A Crimson tab would be more than great.

The tuning is A, pretty low.

Playing on a standard tune guitar with the Astring as the base is +oneoctave from the original.

Might be drop-A or something, but I don't think so.

Really? odd tuning? I use drop-d to play along with the record, but it is clear that the low string is below there somewhere. A lot of parts are played in D though.

glotz.gif

I just discovered this song recently and the only tab I could find for it was confusing as fuck, howre things coming along with this? can you post what you have so far? :D

heh, this is a really old thread :D
I don't think anyone did anything on it, I certainly didn't and if anyone did they didn't post it here ;)

Yes, I realise that I just transcribed the entire Bloodbath album, but no, I am not transcribing Crimson by myself ;) :p