Question: Consolidating Crimson II tracks for iTunes

Naglfar

As Naglfar devours us all
More dumb questions from me... but does anyone know an easy way to consolidate all the tracks on Crimson II into one MP3 (or in my case, M4A) file? I want to stuff Crimson II right after Crimson on my ipod, but it's in a million little pieces, and if I'm doing random I get mini CRIMSON II blurps between songs.

Any ideas to make Crimson II iTunes friendly? (It's annoying having to use a CD player every time I want to listen to Crimson goodness)

My friend put Crimon II into one big MP3 file. Don't know how he did it exactly though. I could ask him or upload it for you though.

burton said:
My friend put Crimon II into one big MP3 file. Don't know how he did it exactly though. I could ask him or upload it for you though.

I'd rather download it as an M4A onto my ipod directly from my own disc, but I guess that would work too. I'm just also curious how it's done in case I ever have the same problem again with another album.

Naglfar said:
More dumb questions from me... but does anyone know an easy way to consolidate all the tracks on Crimson II into one MP3 (or in my case, M4A) file? I want to stuff Crimson II right after Crimson on my ipod, but it's in a million little pieces, and if I'm doing random I get mini CRIMSON II blurps between songs.

Any ideas to make Crimson II iTunes friendly? (It's annoying having to use a CD player every time I want to listen to Crimson goodness)
Yeah. I had the same problem when I bought Crimson II and wanted to listen to it on my ipod. What I ended up doing was to find a "merged" version of it online, using some file-sharing software. Not the preferred way, but I was lazy at the time. ;)

What I usually do in cases like this when I have the time is to first rip the CD to the harddrive, then edit it and then transfer it to the iPod. There's a lot of free sofware out there for doing this.

A good tool for ripping the CD to your harddrive either to wav or mp3 is audiograbber, which is freeware and can be found at:
http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

If you use linux, I'd recommend grip.

After that you can use another tool to merge/edit the tracks. I prefer audacity, since it is freeware and can be found both for Windows and Linux. I've used it many times with good results. It can be found at:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Audacity is fairly easy to use and it can output to mp3, so you shouldn't have too big of a problem getting it done.

After this, you can transfer it to your ipod with your favourite software for doing that. iTunes for example.

Unfortunatelly, I don't have access to a Mac, so I don't know what software is good for that platform.

Hope these small tips help you make your ipod listening more enjoyable. :)