CRITICISE my mix.

joelplagues

Jan 11, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
www.myspace.com
Latley I've been doing alot of tweaks to my stuff trying to find a decent tone and trying to acheiveing better mixes.

This is my latest offering. a cover of As Blood Runs Black-In Dying Days.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/694533/dying days full mix.mp3

This song was only chosen cause I wanted some thing to compare for the guitar tone.

I'm fairly proud of this compared to older attempts and mixes, let me know what you think and how i can make this better.(Excuse the crappy playing especially at the end.This song is also missing its last vocal line.)

Cheers:headbang:

UPDATE: NEW MIX

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/694533/dying days update mix.mp3

in my opinion,
you should get rid of machine gun effects by playing with the velocities of your snares and kicks. kicks are somewhat boomy maybe you can have a better kick sound lowering the low a bit. drums are heard easily but they are a bit too high to my tastes.

your guitar sound needs a bit of punch i guess, sometimes they sound very synthy if you know what i mean. vocals are quite good. i dont think they need any treatment.

overall, a nicely done cover. well done :headbang:

in my opinion,
you should get rid of machine gun effects by playing with the velocities of your snares and kicks. kicks are somewhat boomy maybe you can have a better kick sound lowering the low a bit. drums are heard easily but they are a bit too high to my tastes.

your guitar sound needs a bit of punch i guess, sometimes they sound very synthy if you know what i mean. vocals are quite good. i dont think they need any treatment.

overall, a nicely done cover. well done :headbang:

Thanks dude. I'll take these thoughts into account and work on it. Not sure I understand the synthy comment but again cheers.

No bass? Didnt sound like it unless it's buried...this mix could use some bass, I think alot of the 'problems' are coming from not having a bass track. It would make the guitars much fuller sounding. I want to say the kick is too clicky with not enough low end, but then I'm not listening that loud due to my roomate sleeping (get up fucker, it's 1:00 PM!!!) so I may be hearing it under less than ideal conditions. Maybe a barely audible pinch of reverb on the vox, sounds a bit flat space-wise. Snare could use some multi-sampling & more room sound also. other than that it sounds pretty balanced and clear to me.

updated mix now online although bass might be a little to high.

Your vocals sound almost exactly like mine! (But I'm not into deathcore).
How old are you dude?
I like the new mix, perhaps change the snare?

Your vocals sound almost exactly like mine! (But I'm not into deathcore).
How old are you dude?
I like the new mix, perhaps change the snare?

cheers dude. I'm 18. I like all sorts of music, this was just something to sculp tone around as my band also plays in Drop C and will be looking to do our demo soon.

I would change the snare but whilst doing this I've tried to get it as close to the original song.