Critique my mix. UPDATED.

Pretty tight intro man! only thing i'm having trouble with here are the drums and the bass. I'll comment in a few a be a little more in depth with you!

:fu:

Thanks dude, I keep working on them but I don't know I'm not really satisfied. I used slate and parallel compressed them.

Well what are using for bass?

And I think your kick and snare lack some body. Sounds like they are buried in the mix too can you post just the bass and drum track I'd like to hear them soloed might be able to help a little more!

From what i hear, you are compressing those drums WAYYYYY too hard and they are pumping in and out.

i normally dont put my compression on my drums until each drum (shell) or cymbals sound beautiful together then you compress slightly. Your kick needs to be a bit louder and you should bring back some of the click of it. sounds like its just a low end thud. it'll definitely stand out when you bring guitars in the mix. Your snare sounds very thin, 200hz i've noticed is the best place to boost on the snare to make it slam but mess around in that general area on your EQ. Your snare is also pretty loud compared to the rest of the kit maybe just turn it down a bit.

Bass:

I like the tone you have but try this!

in podfarm make it an A/B (dual signal)

one signal eqed and specifically for low end stuff, (the sub part of the bass)
other signal, distort the fug out of it maybe put this second part through a guitar cab to cancel the low end and eq all that out on that side then push your gain on the amp. then noise gate!

just mess around with this, i definitely have found a phenomenal bass tone doing this!

Thanks for the input man I'll mess around with it. Bass is killing me. Do you eq in podfarm or in your daw? As a whole what do you think of the drum tone do they sound realish? Thanks again for the help!