Crowbar... any fans?

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
I TiVo The Headbangers Ball. If I had to watch it live, I'd never bother. Two videos, at least one of them Mallcore, and then five minutes worth of commercials. Every so often, I catch something cool. The last few weeks they've played "Dead Sun" off of Crowbar's latest CD "Lifesblood for the Downtrodden". I think it may be the first Crowbar song I've ever heard and I really like it. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on their new disc or their back catalogue.

Zod

That's because they are. :)

I don't even know what album I own by them because I lost the liner notes and they have since changed the cover for the re-release anyhow. Their fast paced stuff is good, like High Rate Extinction. But their slow stuff is pretty bleh, and that seems to be their bread and butter. Ask speed, I think he knows them pretty well.

EDIT: You know, I should actually give these dudes another whirl. When I last listened to them like 10 years ago, I hated shit like the Melvins. Now I'm into Eyehategod and Goatsblood (and the Melvins of course) so yeah. Look for another post, possibly even a useful one, later tonight.

Big Crowbar fan over here - in fact, I was trying to work out how to play 'New Dawn' from the latest album just before I came online. Not as keen on 'Lifesblood For The Downtrodden' as I was on 'Sonic Excess In It's Purest Form', but it's still a killer album. But if you've heard one of Crowbar's faster tracks and one of their slower tracks, then in essence, you've pretty much heard 'em all. If lead-heavy riffage at slo-mo is your thing, can't really go wrong. :)

I dig Crowbar, i'm not a huge fan but i when i listen to Oddfellows Rest i enjoy it immensely. If you want a sample let me know.

Carbonized said:
I dig Crowbar, i'm not a huge fan but i when i listen to Oddfellows Rest i enjoy it immensely. If you want a sample let me know.
Thanks. I'm grabbing the new one as I type. Cool stuff. I thing I'm going to pick this up tonight.

A lot of the reviews I've read, seem to think that this is their best and most mature release, so I might be hesitant to move into their back catalogue.

Zod

Anytime :D The new one is good yea but Oddfellows i think is a bit better. But then again there aren't too many bands/albums that me and other forumers see eye to eye on :p

I found Lifesblood for the Downtrodden to be quite boring. Stick with their best release(s); Phil W. can tell you about those apparently. :tickled:

ive thought about giving them a shot a few times, but never did. i probably need one album from crowbar and one from eyehategod

I wish this thread were about half-life weaponry

EDIT: I resolve to make a series of photographs imitating the Opposing Force Pipe Wrench weapon