CRUSH UNTIL MADNESS - cd reviews.

album-1.jpg

Alcohol! It compliments many good things in life. I for one are fond of an ale or many most of the time but never more than with a good backdrop of Heavy Metal. For the most part South America’s BESTIAL HOLOCAUST had me reaching for another brew with each repeated listen. This is drinking music!! Along of course with headbanging, fist raising and horn throwing at it’s purest. Fans of dirty, raw oldschool banging thrash from such masters as SODOM, KREATOR, BATHORY, old SLAYER etc will definitely kneel upon the alter of BESTIAL HOLOCAUST.
To be honest I didn’t have much previous knowledge of the history of BH apart from the fact that they have had a couple of previous releases such as the last full length “Extermination Final” (Kill Yourself 2006) and earlier more Black Metal influenced beginnings. They also appear to have been building a solid fanbase in the underground and with “Temple Of Damnation” this should continue strongly.
Tracks such as “Witches Sacrifice” , “Bestial Alcoholocaust (which obviously tips us off to their love for the devils brew) & “Fornication In The Land of Death” are full of classic speed metal fury and headbanging riffs a plenty. There are also a fair amount of anthemic parts on the album which is somewhat of a dying are within this new era of Thrash Metal.

BHCOLLAGE2.jpg

The absolutely insane vocals of Sonia Sepuleral totally dominate on this record with his shifting from classic Thrash snarling to random high pitch shrieks that would have proudly made a young Tom Araya grin with glee. Sonia’s character is stamped all over this release! The rest of the horde: Satanael (guitar), Mephisto (bass) & Loki Antigod Devistator (try and find a Metal name than that! on drums) tear through the album with all the ferocity of an extremely pissed off beast! Make that a pack of beasts!!!
So if your collection contains the classics of early KREATOR, POSSESSED, DEATH & SODOM releases then it would appear that BH is for you .If you don’t own those classics a) What the fuck is wrong with you! haha & b)go get “Temple Of Damnation” then backtrack to see where it all began!! As oldschool as it gets!!!