CRYPTICUS - "They Called Me Mad"

klaggu

New Metal Member
Sep 20, 2003
I'm a huge fan of Mr. Swano - as a musician & a producer,
& have learned much about recording via his awesomely candid interviews.
As a lover of Swano-era BLOODBATH, DEMIRUG, RIBSPREADER (plus anything else Rogga does!)
I think fans of that style of Swedish Death Metal will also enjoy my band CRYPTICUS:
http://www.myspace.com/crypticus

The new album "They Called Me Mad" (which took me 2.5 years to finish!) just came out on Razorback Records.
You can check out previews of the full album here:
http://www.last.fm/music/Crypticus/They+Called+Me+Mad

Let me know what you guys think!

The myspace songs: Well, I'll be honest. It wasn't very good. Vocals were terrible. The production was terrible. Well...those things kind of destroyed it for me. :erk:

Fair enough - thanks for checking it out anyway.
We cant' all be as talented as Dan!
Anyone else care to critique?

I think it sounds great if not for the production. Does not do the music justice.

I'm afraid it's not something I would listen to on a regular basis. Of course, nobody's first album ever has that great of production. It really does take experience and an ear, like Dan always says. I agree that the production doesn't do it justice. Keep at it.

Wow that's a great growl! Other than that... meh. Sorry but it's sort of mediocre.

Holy shit! Wow, you guys are brutal! Again, thanks for checking it out.
Honestly, I'm assuming you guys just aren't fans of filthy Death Metal like ABSCESS, DEATH BREATH or COFFINS,
(thus, all the complaints about the production not being PRISTINE - which was on purpose!)
but either way, I was asking for your opinions & you were very forthcoming!
Thanks guys - all criticism duly noted & not taken lightly... Thanks!

PS - This is my SECOND album, so that comment REALLY burns!! ;)

Oh man, do I feel like a dick now. I didn't realize the production was intentionally like that. I admit, its not my favorite style. For the sound you're going for, I can assume its pretty high quality though. Let's pretend I said that second albums don't always have the best production sound. :lol: