Hell Yeah Dan!

Zephyros

Nov 7, 2005
Norrland, Sweden ...:P
From Blabbermouth:

"Guitarist Calvin Chiang of the Singaporean death thrash metal band RASPATUL has announced the formation of a new group called OBLITERHATE. The project, which is said to follow a "more brutal and intricate direction" than RASPATUL, features contributions from some of metal's legendary and highly renowned musicians:

Dan Swanö (NIGHTINGALE, ex-EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH) - Vocals
Erik Sayenga (WARTHRONE, ex-DYING FETUS) - Drums
Derrick Ramirez (DRAGONLORD, ex-TESTAMENT) - Bass
Mirai Kawashima (SIGH, ex-NECROPHAGIA) - Keyboards
James Murphy (DISINCARNATE, ex-DEATH, TESTAMENT) - Guest guitar solo

The legendary Jeff Becerra from the mighty POSSESSED has penned down some lyrics for OBLITERHATE, and will appear on this debut album. The other part of the lyrical songwriting and vocal arrangements will be handled by Rogga Johansson, who is the mastermind behind PAGANIZER, THOSE WHO BRING THE TORTURE, RIBSPREADER and DEMIURG.

OBLITERHATE's debut album, tentatively titled "Blessing In Disgust", will contain nine songs and will be released sometime in 2008 via Pulverised Records."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=86062

http://www.myspace.com/obliterhate

OMG...:worship:

I think I jizzed my pants completely..:OMG:

Good to see that Dan will be back doing a full-length with his death growls. Seems like quite an eclectic bunch here. It should be quite interesting to see what they come up with.

Also, am I the only one with absolutely no idea as to who this Calvin guy is?. :confused:

Thanks a lot guys for putting up this information here. This is Calvin from Obliterhate, and the support from you guys here is really much appreciated.

Yes it's definitely a great honour to be working with Dan on this debut album, there should be more updates coming up soon when more stuff is being recorded. Dan has been extremely busy with work commitments at the moment, and I should say that he can only do the vocals in early 2008. I am currently working out on the vocal arrangements and lyrics with Rogga as we speak.

As to the people who are curious to know who I am; my old band is Raspatul (www.myspace.com/raspatul), a Death Thrash band, and nothing like what will be on Obliterhate. The concept for Obliterhate is very much in a different direction. Raspatul is signed to Obskure Sombre Records from Canada, and the Raspatul album was mastered by James Murphy, which explains why James was called in to do a guest guitar solo on the Obliterhate album. I am also the A&R, Promotions and Marketing guy for Pulverised Records (www.myspace.com/pulverisedrecords), if anyone here is interested to know :cool:

The rhythm guitars, drums and keyboards are already completed, and with Derrick Ramirez's busy schedule at the moment, it might take a while before Derrick can finally find some time to get the bass tracks recorded.

It has taken me about 2 years to get this collaboration/project going, so please be a little patient, but I will try to make as much updates as I can over here. Thanks!

Obliterhate Myspace page: www.myspace.com/obliterhate