CRYSTAL VIPER

BlackRoseMetalHeart

Metal Mistress
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD - USA
www.myspace.com
I was wondering if others had heard of Crystal Viper and what they thought of this band.
www.crystalviper.com/
www.myspace.com/crystalviperofficial

I picked up two of their albums at this year's ProgPower - The Curse of the Crystal Viper and The Last Axeman.
The Curse of the Crystal Viper is a concept album, with a fantasy/power metal story line, epic melodies, speedy riffs, and powerful vocals. For those not familiar with this band, fans of early Chastain, the first two Warlock albums and those I've recently seen talking about Triosphere should be very happy. The Last Axeman is a compilation of rarities along with an official bootleg of a 2007 show. Both are very good IMO, although the quality of the bootleg is obviously that.

Also, some recent news on Crystal Viper:
CRYSTAL VIPER: Video Footage Of Entire Concert Posted Online - Video footage of a complete live show from the Polish female-fronted heavy metal band CRYSTAL VIPER has been posted on band's official MySpace profile. More...

Bump. Bump.

Just wanted to add some more news on Crystal Viper I found online recently:

Metal Nation | Heavy Metal Cosmos said:
Polish female fronted heavy metal band, Crystal Viper, recorded all the tracks for the forthcoming studio album 'Metal Nation' at the MP Studio in Poland, while the mixing and mastering is job of famous and with Grammy nominated guitarist of King Diamond, Andy La Rockue at the world famous Sonic Train studios in Sweden. This is the second album of the band following its “The Curse Of Crystal Viper” (2007). The album features three very special guests: Manni Schmidt (Grave Digger), Frank Knight (X-Wild) and Lars Ramcke (Stormwarrior). Release date has been scheduled for February 01. It will be out on CD through Karthago Records (distributd in Usa through Sentinel Steel and in Japan through Disk Heaven), and on LP through High Roller Records.

I'm particularly excited to hear Manni Schmidt's contribution to this album. (Nick just got the new Grave Digger single the other day - the ext album is sounding pretty good - and I really enjoy his playing style.)

More recent Crystal Viper news - These guys seem to really get there name out there ...

The Metal Underground said:
Crystal Viper Announces New Gutiarist

Polish female fronted metallers, Crystal Viper, have issued the following update:

"Our live guitarist - Rafal 'Guras' Gorny - had to leave CRYSTAL VIPER due to his day job. We of course remain friends, and Guras will always be part of the CRYSTAL VIPER family. Thank you for everything, brother!"

"We also want to announce, that CRYSTAL VIPER has new official guitarist, who filled the slot after Rafal 'Guras.' His name is Mateusz 'Gajdek' Gajdzik (and you may also know his other band, WITCHKING)."

Read more.