Cubase/Ezdrummer workflow

elapidae1

Jul 4, 2009
Ok i am looking at recording my songs with programmed drums. So yesterday i setup a template for ezdrummer in cubase. My plan is to program the drums and a scratch guitar track, then convert the midi to audio. Then record the proper guitar/bass.
So the template i made goes like this:
2 instances of ezdrummer set to multitrack out sent to 2 different midi tracks. first one has the toms muted as they are all grouped to the 1 track. Then on the 2 instance i have everything except the toms muted and the toms sent to separate tracks, so this gives me total control over the toms aswell. Then i bus every track to its own group track, and from there send the group tracks to separate audio tracks. Doing this makes it possible to convert the midi into audio for later mixing. And means i have total control over every part of the drums.

At present i have ezdrummer set to dry and no panning. What i would like to know is, should i be using ezdrummer panning or pan the tracks separate later in the mixing stage and should i use ezys processing or process the drums myself in mixing?

fail

read the manuals

& please post in the right subforum

you have total control over every single element of the drumkit, no need to mess that much

edit: just bounce the single elements by muting in the EZ mixer

Yes but i dont see how you have control over each tom as they are all sent to the same track? So any eqing etc happens to all the toms. My way i can process toms separately.

Each tom has it's own fader in the ezdrummer mixer. Each mixer channel has an output that you can change. Or you can just solo the channel you want to bounce and do it like that.

Each tom has it's own fader in the ezdrummer mixer. Each mixer channel has an output that you can change. Or you can just solo the channel you want to bounce and do it like that.

I know what your saying but my way i can bounce every track at the same time to separate tracks. No muting tracks and stuffing around like that. All i have to do is write the tracks in one instance of ezy then copy paste to the other then arm the audio and bounce. Done. All drums on separate tracks ready to mix.

Really? So you posted the thread why?

So yes you use your audio for panning. And there's no way to process the drums in ezdrummer, just in the vsti outputs.

My question was answered by "recemgsol".

The other info was in case anyone was doing the same so they could see how i do it.

Btw... with a couple of bucks you can buy SD2.0. Now that is a killer Vsti ...

Ezdrummer is... well quite crap compared...