Cubase from Educational to Commercial upgrade... how?

Wild Hades

Clean channels are for pussies
May 2, 2006
Italy
Hi guys,
probably is a dumb question, but after some research this whole thing is still unclear to me...
I have Cubase Studio 4 Educational version and I would like to upgrade to Cubase Studio 5 Full/Commercial version.
According to what I've read, there is not a specific update from edu to commercial, since, when upgrading, every Steinberg product is considered as commercial.
Now, if I buy the upgrade from CS4 to CS5, does my product license become automatically commercial or does it remains educational?
I know that I would better ask to Steinberg directly, but maybe some of you has already done this upgrade and can give me some more infos...

Thanks in advance

I've been told several times that you can use the Edu licence for commercial use. I've asked different people about that, Steinberg included.

I've talked to people about that before C4 was even out. Before I purchased C4 I called Steinberg to confirm I could use my licence for commercial purposes. The Retailer where I bought C4 said the same. Once C5 was released I upgraded through the Grace Period upgrade. The box I got doesn't even say anything about an Educational licence anymore (C4 had a sticker on it but that was it) and right now I've checked Syncrosoft Licence control center: It says I have Cubase 5. No mentioning of anything educational anymore.
So, Wild Hades, you should be fine! :)