cubase 4 competitive upgrade?

Jan 2, 2009
hey guys,
This is my first post here and prob a super noob question. here i go what exactly is the difference between the competetive upgrade and standard cubase 4 also im assuming the upgrade means you need to have a previous version of cubase but does it matter which version?

thanks a lot in advance.

Competitive uprgrades are for people who want to start using Cubase but already have another program that they don't want to use anymore. Standard upgrades are for people who own previous versions of Cubase who want to move up to the most recent.

My question is then, do you need to prove you have a competitor's product already? :D

quick sidenote...i guess there's rumors of cubase 5 being presented at NAMM here in a couple weeks. if that's the case, i wouldn't bother with the upgrade to 4...

With the Cubase 4 comp upgrade 90% of retailers DON'T want you to take in old software, Steinberg don't expect the disc's and license for the old software like in previous years and it just causes more rubbish for a retailer to get rid of!!