help meee! cubase dongle stuff

JoshSylosis

May 16, 2005
Reading, Berkshire
www.facebook.com
I probably sound like a loser but my computer knowledge is actually shit

so yeh, i've been using cubase sx 2 on a pc for a few years

recently just bought a macbook pro with an upgrade to cubase 4

seeing as it's an upgrade they don't supply a dongle/key so I'll need to use the old one

will this overwrite anything on the key when i install cubase 4?
i want to still be able to use my old pc with sx2 and i still have a couple of projects on the go that need finishing (obviously i'll have to move the key between the two computers)

I know you can store various licenses on one key but wasn't sure if that just meant for different products on the same computer. Wasn't sure if it'd make a difference between two seperate comps, especially seeing as this is mac and pc.

I've tried calling arbiter but they're shut at the mo

any help would be appreciated :worship:

i'm sure it's all fine but a band has already paid me to record their cd but they want some extra tweaks done and i dont wana risk not being able to use sx2 anymore. Wouldn't wana have to pay em back as they money has already been spent on a krankenstein haha

Best way to transfer the project without an external drive or backing up on CD/DVD is go to System preferences on the Mac hit startup disc and then hit target disc mode. The laptop will then boot as an external firewire drive. You then connect the mac to the firewire port I hope youve got on your PC (if you havent ignore all of this) then just save your session to the firewire drive that comes up on your PC

cheers dude

all sorted with that stuff

just cant get it installed propperly

plugged in the dongle, put the cubase 4 disc in and installed it all, got the upgrade download from the website (mtsupport) then opened up that file and trying to install the upgrade shit and it's saying there's no cubase software on the copm to upgrade

why can't this stuff be made clearer or easier

:(

or why am i such a retard

the key will let you keep all the versions you have
however if you have an upgrade you have to hve something there for it to upgrade.
your sx2 will need to be installed on the mac then it can upgrade it. you should have a mac and a pc copy. (at least my nuendo did)

this is all legit you can have it installed on as many machines as you want as long as you have the dongle

Ok i'm aaaallll sorted now.

I didn't have to install sx2 on the mac in the end, had to install cubase 4 on the mac, then come onto my internet computer, download the software lisence shizzle and put my dongle into this comp and then transfer it onto the mac. it was pretty confusing as i thought i had to download the software stuff for a mac cus that's what i'd be using it on but obviously i had to download the pc one - that took me like 2 hours to figure out haha.

but yeh, none of that is mentioned in the manual which is really handy :loco:

now i gotta set up my motu 8 mic pre.

having never used a mac before - i am getting completely confused. I don't even know where the best place to save my projects is

can't afford to buy anything else yet!

problems problems problems

cubase is working fine but i can't seem to get t racks to work. installed it but can't get it to come up as a plugin in cubase.

in the t racks manual it says to save the shiz to 'your sequencers vst plugins folder' but when installing it didn't give me an option. I'm guessing it's all gone to the wrong folder but i duno where...:erk: