Cubase Dongle activation question, please help!

Dec 19, 2003
Ok so I have tried steinberg forum but it won't let me log on.

Recently bought a copy of cubase 5 (second hand), with licence already on dongle (i think). But in eLicence center under my licenses (and the dongle tab) it has the following two separate things:

- ALL APPLICATIONS (non movable, remaining time 20h, 27, 30 sec) - this keeps counting down for some reason, what it is counting down I don't know?

- CUBASE 5
(Educational)

Can someone tell me if I need to reactivate cubase or something? If so what steps do I need to take?

Can't find anything in the manual to help explain this to me either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers, dudes!:kickass:

Cheers for the reply! What is a support ticket exactly?

So you think the 'time remaining' part is not actually for cubase 5 itself? I can't think of what software it could be referring to though, as I got a trial version of symphonic orchestra with it, but haven't actually installed that yet.

Thanks, sean.

Opening a support ticket... as in contacting steinberg.

Depending on how the transfer happened, they may have reactivated all the trial licenses. Essentially you get access to all Steinberg software for a few days. It could also be residual depending on how long the previous owner had installed everything.

It said 20 hours right? So it should all be expired by now? Does Cubase still open? If so... you are good! If not...better get in touch with Steinberg.

Personally I have had pretty good luck getting in touch with them and they are pretty helpful.