Cubase/Superior 2/Library of the Extreme (MIDI) Workflow Tutorial Video

locustreign

Mar 28, 2006
Orange County, CA
I was getting a fair amount of questions on my YouTube channel about my workflow using Cubase and Superior 2.

[youtube]nWBdqo6vjr8&hd=1[/youtube]

For users who are well versed in the various routing and options in S2 it might not be anything radically new, but I do cover some hang ups that basic level users might run into including sample memory ceilings and correct routing of midi. You also might want to check it out incase you have yet to play around with the EZ Drummer like options in the grooves tab, or want to see my approach to using Dirk Verbeuren's midi in the Library of the Extreme.

Anyways, I'm just starting out with tutorials on my YouTube channel, so any critiques (stop saying "umm" damnit!) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Tyler

I apologize for the necrobump, but does anyone know how to apply inserts to individual channels in SD 2.0? So I can apply, for example, a compressor from Cubase onto the 'SD bottom' channel without affecting any of the other channels running?

Also, well-done tutorial. Will be very informative for those just beginning with SD.

When you press F11 and activate Superior, next to it's slot in that F11 window is option called 'activate all outputs' or something. Click on it. Then, enter the Superior interface, right to its mix window. There is a section in there, where you can choose what drum element goes where (to which channel). After that - now I am talking about Cubase - go to the part where tracks are, there's gonna be 'VST instruments' expandable card. Click on it, and you will get a bunch of those 'virtual' channels, where you can apply whatever tool you like. You can treat them like ordinary channels.

But as far as I am concerned, I always print channels after I am done with drum programming. Saves resources, and I actually feel like I am dealing with 'real' drum tracks for the moment, and not programmed stuff :)