Cubase VST Amp Rack | Metal

Ive been impressed with every clip of amp rack so far... but I cant handle Cubase! I'm a Pro Tools dude. I assume there's no way to use the amp rack as VST with other DAWs?

@electricred : No i don´t think there´s a way to use the amp rack in ProTools !

@Scottxx : Thanx alot

@LewsTherin006 : They did ? I didn´t know this ! I´ve seen some presets which are called Meshuggah or something like this, but they sounded really bad :D

Maybe i´ll compare the vst amp rack to some other amp plugins like lepou and nick crow plugins in my next video ! Or i´ll try using some cabinet impulse responses with the vst amp rack. There are so much possibilities !
Seems like it´s time for a little shootout :D

Is anyone interested ?

Cheers,
Track

yeah this would be nice to hear the difference, but i don´t have the overloud th2 and the demo will add some periodical audio drops, so i think i have to use freeware stuff :D

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Track use VST Amp Rack with other cabinets, for example, Kalthallen IR's are one of the bests. Try TH2 Randall T2 amp. It is one of the best sounding amp sims too. i Love Lepou stuff but this things I mentioned are sounding better for me.

I like it, sounds like it has a lot of air to it which always seems to be missing in the free plugs.

Really digging it! But stopped using Cubase like 3 years ago-so not able to try it ;)

Achja-Grüße aus Esslingen, scheinst ja ein ganz nettes Studio zu haben ;)

Thanks fpr the replies ! I really dig that Vst Amp Rack´s sound ! Not better than a real amp, but who cares ;)

@StefTD : Is ja witzig, jemand aus dem Schwabenländle ;) Grüße zurück aus Stuttgart, und wenn du mal ein Studio brauchst, gell ;)

Hi everyone. I have my Ultimate Metal profile mainly for the ProgPower USA forum, but I stumbled upon this topic just now.

Over the past 18 months or so, Steinberg has released VST Amp Rack presets from a number of artists including Wolf Hoffmann and myself. I have had the pleasure to demo the Amp Rack at a few CLUB CUBASE events in the NYC area, plus use it as part of a demo for Sonic Core's XITE audio interface at NAMM in January.

Besides working very well as an emulator, using the VST Amp Rack within Cubase allows you to automate your effects and levels once you have your backing tracks all set. So no more stepping on pedals to engage a chorus or boost a level.

Here is one of the songs if anyone is interested. As you see, the only thing at my feet is a wah. Though I technically could have automated that also....

Last edited by a moderator: