CULT OF LUNA new album Salvation

Jo

May 15, 2001
Australia
Cult Of Luna have confirmed that the bands brand new album is entitled 'Salvation'. This, the bands third album, follows on from the universally critically acclaimed 'The Beyond', and is due to be released on Monday 4th October 2004.

Recorded again at the famous Tonteknik Studios, in Sweden and produced by Magnus Lindberg, the album is described by guitarist Johannes Persson as "a natural progression for the band, but we hope it will appeal to a much broader audience than the previous two releases, as the tracks are much more melody-based, having Anders in the band has allowed us to use fewer samples this time and has meant our musical skills have improved immensely so we can push our music forward!"

Persson continues; "Salvation is definitely a heavy album, but we have learnt that you don't need 100 guitars to be heavy, we've been much more diverse in our use of sounds, they have more depth this time - fewer walls of sound and more soundscapes!

In keeping with Cult of Luna tradition 'Salvation' will not be a short affair, as Persson explains that "one problem we have is that we have one song to many! You can only fit 74 minutes on a CD so we're having to cut one song off!"
http://www.cultofluna.com

Check out the first taster from the brand new Cult of Luna album 'Salvation' due on October 4. This track is the haunting 'Leave Me Here', offering up a killer lesson in bittersweet epic atmosphere building, and proves once again why the band is regarded as such a special entity. Having lost none of the crushing dynamics found on the first two records, this track showcases perfectly what 'Salvation' is all about, so expect more of the same high quality on the remaining 7 album tracks spread over a total of 75 magnificient minutes.

An online friend of mine told me about this band - I've been meaning to check them out for a while because he said if I like Virgin Black (emotive music) then I'll love these guys.

But, here's the thing - downloading the video and all the tracks off their site just doesn't seem to work for me, and I just don't understand why. Is anyone else having trouble, or is it just me? I only see a blank white screen, no load screen or transfer screen or anything.

Aaarghh - so frustrating. I totally want to check these guys out. I'm always in for some new, epic music that creates emotion.

Scourge of Malice said:
ha, better than isis... never. they've got a ways to go.

They don't build up as well as ISIS does on Panopticon

Exactly right. Although, I still can't convince myself to go out and buy Salvation when I know I have Isis at my fingertips.

Alcapoth said:
An online friend of mine told me about this band - I've been meaning to check them out for a while because he said if I like Virgin Black (emotive music) then I'll love these guys.

But, here's the thing - downloading the video and all the tracks off their site just doesn't seem to work for me, and I just don't understand why. Is anyone else having trouble, or is it just me? I only see a blank white screen, no load screen or transfer screen or anything.

Aaarghh - so frustrating. I totally want to check these guys out. I'm always in for some new, epic music that creates emotion.

Hey man!

Charles' here. You are right, the links are broken.