Curious...

6Arch6Enemy6

There is no god.
Jun 21, 2002
Dicksmack, PA
Hello.. I just had a question for you guys and hopefully you can help me.. I heard a while back that one of the guys in Maudlin of the Well said something against Opeth.. I was wondering what it was.. or how it started.. if it's true.. or anything.. I haven't been on the boards for a while, so I have no clue.. Thanks.

Dear 6Arch6Enemy6,

In a(n) UM.com interview, I commented briefly that Opeth's compositional style was different than my own, in a somewhat cocky way, knowing that the interview would appear on UM.com. I did it in this way to annoy certain kids on the Opeth board.

In terms of Opeth musically, I have many opinions, none of which were discussed in that interview. In terms of them personally, I hear they're nice guys and it's not my intention to hurt them.

In terms of said parties on the Opeth forum, yes, I suppose it was a little immature to try to get their goat. I think the resulting firestorm is a very interesting social statement that I try to observe objectively, which is difficult because I'm also somewhat involved. Hope that answers your question.

Oh, I think some of the personal hate they on the Opeth board harbor towards me is due in part to a post I made where I tried to explain to them how they appear to people outside their clique. They didn't really appreciate that, understandably.

FuSoYa said:
Dear 6Arch6Enemy6,

In a(n) UM.com interview, I commented briefly that Opeth's compositional style was different than my own, in a somewhat cocky way, knowing that the interview would appear on UM.com. I did it in this way to annoy certain kids on the Opeth board.

In terms of Opeth musically, I have many opinions, none of which were discussed in that interview. In terms of them personally, I hear they're nice guys and it's not my intention to hurt them.

In terms of said parties on the Opeth forum, yes, I suppose it was a little immature to try to get their goat. I think the resulting firestorm is a very interesting social statement that I try to observe objectively, which is difficult because I'm also somewhat involved. Hope that answers your question.

Oh, I think some of the personal hate they on the Opeth board harbor towards me is due in part to a post I made where I tried to explain to them how they appear to people outside their clique. They didn't really appreciate that, understandably.
Thank you very much for answering my question.

i was just going to say it's neat that his question was stated nicely and that you were so honest with him.

NICENESS WINS