Current addictions

I've been playing the new album of (female) Dutch rock singer Anouk a lot this past week. Most of the lyrics are pretty crappy again (as usual with her), but she does some great singing on the album and there's some really good songs.

The only female fronted music I really care for is Tori Amos. Some of her pop songs are iffy, but her darker rock stuff is amazing. She's truly one of the most talented musicians around, and her vocal lines, and piano work is astounding.

Profanatica, Blasphemy, Poison (the thrash band not the pussy hair band), Villians, Nocturnal Graves (awesome Death Metal from Australia, highly recommended)

The only female fronted music I really care for is Tori Amos. Some of her pop songs are iffy, but her darker rock stuff is amazing. She's truly one of the most talented musicians around, and her vocal lines, and piano work is astounding.

I have two of her mid-period albums, and the darker songs are really very captivating. Her voice can be quite stunning at times.

What kinda style is that Death Metal band?

Nocturnal Graves is aggressive and fairly technical (plenty of blast beats), but I think they have almost as much of a slayer type of thrash influence as death metal (i've only heard 5 songs though). It is very solid, not too melodic. Every now and then they pull out those reverb drenched lead riffs, reminding me off old 90's death metal.

I can't stop listening to a few Katatonia songs, have been listening to nothing but Katatonia for 2 weeks now.Don't know what's wrong.Due to a deep depression the obsession came back i guess..
Katatonia-Omerta,Soil's Song, Tonight's Music,Restrained,Dissolving bonds, At last etc etc etc ETC. :| @-|