Custom Google Map for PPUSA Attendees

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
We created a custom map to aid festival attendees!

Bookmark the link below to our map of restaurants, hotels & attractions.

Zoom in and click the blue markers to see details.

~Jen

"We" = Jen. She deserves all the credit for trying to improve things for potential attendees.

I just argue with bands and write checks.

Well she = Jen deserves alot of credit for this google map, and everything else she does, especially making sure you eat, and stay hydrated at the festival.:headbang::headbang:

Yep, echoing what everyone else has said, Jen really enhances the whole experience. You don't see (much) bitching on here about food, lodging, activities, etc. My thanks to both of you!

Great map! Thank you Jen!

So here's another first-timer question. We ended up booking at the Courtyard Atl midtown....off of Techwood and 14th. It looks like the Marta buses don't go down to 14th street? So its about a mile walk, according to the map, to the Arts Center Station? Just trying to get a feel for our options. Not sure if my father is up for a mile walk (not 8 or so times!) or not. And we don't want to rent a car! Is there another bus system we can take advantage of, for instance? With $20 dollar a night parking at the hotel, it probably makes sense to use taxis. Just curious. Can't wait to get there and explore. I've been doing the walk with Google street view a lot! :)

So here's another first-timer question. We ended up booking at the Courtyard Atl midtown....off of Techwood and 14th. It looks like the Marta buses don't go down to 14th street? So its about a mile walk, according to the map, to the Arts Center Station? Just trying to get a feel for our options. Not sure if my father is up for a mile walk (not 8 or so times!) or not. And we don't want to rent a car! Is there another bus system we can take advantage of, for instance? With $20 dollar a night parking at the hotel, it probably makes sense to use taxis. Just curious. Can't wait to get there and explore. I've been doing the walk with Google street view a lot! :)

There is a bridge at 14th street now (so I have been told) and its not a long walk to the venue and surrounding areas, about a mile sound about right. I am staying there again and I had a good experience there last time, good hotel. The Courtyard also has a shuttle that will take you to places as well

Bear

Thank you for the info! The hotel web page says specifically that they don't offer any shuttles, which I thought was kind of strange for a Marriott....

Look forward to meeting you!

There is a bridge at 14th street now (so I have been told) and its not a long walk to the venue and surrounding areas, about a mile sound about right. I am staying there again and I had a good experience there last time, good hotel. The Courtyard also has a shuttle that will take you to places as well

Bear

wow that's pretty awesome... AND can access from a smart phone straight to the iPhone maps for directions!!! thanks!!

They don't do shuttles on Sunday (unless they stopped it, which would be weird). GA Tech has a shuttle that goes across the highway, but I'm not sure if that would be accessible for non-students. There's also a shuttle that goes to different points in Atlantic station, and you can also take 14th St to the Marta station and catch a bus to either a 17th St intersection or one of the stations, as there is a bus that goes down 14th street, neat the hotel.

That said, the walk to the venue is only about 10 minutes tops, unless you're Marco's brother.

Totally awesome! Thanks, Jen!

Just curious - any reason Atlantic Station wasn't really included? I've been to every ProgPower since III (from Massachusetts), and walked over the bridge for the first time last year! Several nice restaurants and I believe a Publix.

Paul

Thank you for the info! The hotel web page says specifically that they don't offer any shuttles, which I thought was kind of strange for a Marriott....

Look forward to meeting you!

No worries, you're welcome... Edited for stupidity :)