Custom Google Map for PPUSA Attendees

Totally awesome! Thanks, Jen!

Just curious - any reason Atlantic Station wasn't really included? I've been to every ProgPower since III (from Massachusetts), and walked over the bridge for the first time last year! Several nice restaurants and I believe a Publix.

Paul

I didn't make blue markers for establishments that were already indicated by Google. Also, I copy/pasted from the 50+ restaurants within the existing facebook album of close restaurants.

4-27-20127-41-24AM-1.jpg

~Jen

Wow, that's awesome. There's so many things on that map I never knew about in the nine years I've attended. Thanks, Jen!!

Get Google maps on your phone. Text the word "GMAPS" to 466453

Nope #3. And the only reason I finally made it over to Atlantic Station last year is that my favorite Kroger shut down!

Thanks, Jen - the map is awesome!

P.S. Directions to Highland Bakery have been duly noted. Elastic waistbands are SO metal. :-D

There is a bridge at 14th street now (so I have been told)

Yes, there's a bridge that goes over the interstate at 14th Street.

So its about a mile walk, according to the map, to the Arts Center Station? Just trying to get a feel for our options. Not sure if my father is up for a mile walk (not 8 or so times!) or not. And we don't want to rent a car! Is there another bus system we can take advantage of, for instance? With $20 dollar a night parking at the hotel, it probably makes sense to use taxis. Just curious.

IMHO, it would be better for your father to taxi. Yes, it's slightly over 1 mile to the venue, but it's uphill (over the interstate) and back down, and we're called HOTlanta for a reason. Temps in the low 90's and high humidity would make the walk difficult for your father.

5-1-20122-10-47PM.jpg

~Jen

Thank you Jen! That sounds about right. So are there various taxi companies, and are some better than others? Is there an official ProgPower Taxi Service? :)

So are there various taxi companies, and are some better than others? Is there an official ProgPower Taxi Service? :)

We recommend Atlanta Checker Cab (404) 351-1111. Their taxis are plentiful in the Midtown area. Some attendees find it helpful to add their # in their cell contacts.

~Jen

Feedback? Did anyone find this map helpful last weekend? Just trying to gauge whether or not it's worth keeping updated..

Thanks!
~Jen

Jen as I let you you know at the Artmore it was so very helpful for me, when I was walking around trying to find my bearings or a place to eat, it was great. I have it permanently book marked for future use :) Thank you again!!!

Bear

I updated the map with the closest CVS Pharmacy, Kroger Grocery Store, Whole Foods Market, and a cool local bar - Manuel's Tavern.

602 North Highland Avenue, Atlanta, GA.
(404) 525-3447 - opened in 1956
http://www.manuelstavern.com/
Take North Ave. (runs int front of the Varsity) to get there.. it's on the way to Little Five Points

60947_10151290786877943_1761179459_n.jpg

~Jen