Cymbal Gog files

Gomez43

New Metal Member
May 31, 2012
are there any free Gog files for metal drums? i have good toms and a good snare, i could use a better kick, but i need cymbals. usually 2 crashes, a splash, a hi hat, ride, bell, and a china. I'm new to this forum and dont really know if im doing this righ/ putting it the right thread. any help will be great, im sorta leaning to the "free" but any low cost cymbal packages that come in gog are good. thanks

Cymbal samples can be use .gog files ? If I want to replace my OH mic. Could I use gog to replace it?

yea, you just need to sample it with the velocity so it sounds more realistic, just snares and toms
add the velocity hits to a new gog and then set the sensitivity or whatever its called to how you want it
i would make my own gogs but i dont have a set. im ordering a mxl 990 and might make a gog for a hihat, 2 crashes, splash, ride, small china, and a regular china. when, or if, i do it, would you want them? im all for helping out

I have only 2 OH mic to capture all the kits sound. How can I seperate them and replace (drumagog) it with cymbal sample, like the Clash Splash China Hihat

you'll want to take each cymbal individually, put them in a room or space that has the best sound possible, make one record the mic directly and the other probably like a room mic for a good decay or whatever
then hit with velocity intended and record

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07edDyonSZM&feature=relmfu[/ame]
watch that video, its basically the same with a cymbal

wait shit. sorry that may not answer you're question at all. sorry about that! im not really sure if you can do it just with two,you'd really need one mic for each cymbal
if your mixer has enough channels, then you might be able to just get really shitty mics, use them as "cymbal triggers" and then you can replace it. the type of mic doesnt matter, for it wont pick up sounds. just needs to fit your mixer

a problem you might run into is the over heads that are recording the set, might pick up too much of the real cymbals, but thats something you have to play around with in the mic position and mixing