Cynic are AWESOME!

J. Golden

Heaven and Hell Records
Oct 12, 2009
here
www.heavenandhellrecords.com
I have been waiting many years to finally see Cynic and tonight I did. I have not seen a band that awesome in some time. Damn they were tight.
Really good crowd and obviously some long time fans. The one interesting thing about the audience was that there were a lot of young people, I would say under 21. These were all the folks who seemed to make up the autograph lines after the show. I'm guessing the BTBAM tour made a lot of this happen.
I don't know why this band has never been on ProgPowerUSA before just seems like it could work. I'm thinking Progpower goers would like it going by the Progpower shirts in the club tonight. And seeing the crowd of young people tonight Cynic might be good bait to pull young people into ProgPower, for that matter so would BTBAM. I would think these bands might do a better job at selling one day tickets and capture a larger younger crowd than Turiss would. My guess based on what I see at shows.
Anyway Cynic were Awesome!

I've always thought the belong at the fest. Of course, until recently that was impossible. Sunday was my third time seeing them, and they *always* bring it. Plus, at what other metal show does the crowd get a yoga pose as audience participation? :lol:

I've always thought the belong at the fest. Of course, until recently that was impossible. Sunday was my third time seeing them, and they *always* bring it. Plus, at what other metal show does the crowd get a yoga pose as audience participation? :lol:

It was hard to consider it a "metal show", certainly different.
Thought the yoga thing was kind of stupid, and now know this is scripted makes it even dumber. The three runs of Raining Blood ' was funnier.

Saw this last night and my neck is totally sore from all the headbanging I did (which overeall, wasn't that much really!). Totally rocked out during Uroboric Forms and How Could I, two of my most favorite songs ever, by any band.

I missed their set in 94 opening for Cannibal Corpse and Sinister (simply arrived too late), so seeing Focus start to finish was an opportunity not to be missed! It was very nice to see them put all the pieces together live to create the songs. But of course when they played Uroboric Forms and How Could I any intellectual observations were replaced by pure gut appreciation and lots of headbanging.

For the nu-Cynic material I hung out in back with some friends and would come up now and then for stuff I particularly liked. All in all a good show, though I'm a sore sleep-deprived zombie at work today.

Saw Cynic and Devin Townsend at the masq. a little while back.

Changed my damn life. I wouldn't mind seeing either of them at PP. not one bit...Wouldn't mind at all...No siree bob.

Saw them for the 2nd time last night in Atlanta. Easily one of my favorite shows ever. And as cool as it was to hear Focus all the way through, I enjoyed their newer songs the most. Especially "Integral" and "Wheels Within Wheels" off the Re-Traced EP. Those were my 2 favorite moments of the show.

Saw them for the 2nd time last night in Atlanta. Easily one of my favorite shows ever. And as cool as it was to hear Focus all the way through, I enjoyed their newer songs the most. Especially "Integral" and "Wheels Within Wheels" off the Re-Traced EP. Those were my 2 favorite moments of the show.

QFT. I was very pleasantly surprised by those, too. GREAT set all around.

I saw them a couple of weeks ago. I loved seeing Focus live. Traced In Air however, still does nothing for me.

It was interesting here.....the crowd seemed to enjoy the new songs at least as much as Focus. I was also pleased to see it was a younger crowd than I was expecting...again, some of them might have liked Cynic from that BtB&Me tour.

I didn't catch the first third or so of Intronaut's set, but I really liked what I saw (and any band that does synchronized taiko drumming earns coolness points in my book). Would have picked up a CD from them, but didn't have enough cash.