Cynic vs Carcass

Maelstrom

Metal is the Law!
Jan 27, 2002
Adelaide
www.theharrowed.com
I'm talking to a blind homo called Rick at the moment who says that Cynic have nothing on Carcass. Whilst I like Carcass, I have to say that Cynic are a far more technical band, who also have amazing songs. How else did they make such an impact with only one album!?!

How many albums did it take Carcass to make a mark? Three, four?

Yeh i totally agree with you Maelstrom. Cynic were such an amazing band! I alslo have cynic's eariler demos which has some like the eagle nature with no synth vox etc its fucking awesome. There is also another song of theres called "Pleading for preservation" this song didnt make it on focus unfortunatly, but i think its proberly their best song they made. Killer musicianship!!!

Those early demo's absolutely shred!! Some of the most amazing songs ever written, have you heard the demo version of Uroboric Forms!! :headbang:

I can't believe that Paul Masvidal isn't doing anything these days!!:confused:

What did you think of Aghora? I didn't really rate it that high.

Yeh ive heard the uroboric forms demo too, its awesome!!!

Yeh its a shame Paul isnt doin anything these days...also what happened to Tony Choy???....He just seemed to dissapear after Pestilence Testimony album?......

Yeh i have the Aghora album, i think its pretty good. Decent to listen to when having a break from the brutal shit.

I wouldn't say it took Carcass four albums to 'make a mark'; I'd say it only really took until 'Symphonies of Sickness'. But again, how can you compare Cynic with Carcass? Both were brilliant in different ways, even if their sound converged a little from time to time.

Too true, I think that both bands are awesome. I don't think any Black Metal band could ever hope to make an album that sounds more evil than Symphonies of Sickness. That classic reeks of absolute hatred!!