CYNIC

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
If you know a little KALISIA, you must probably know that one of our favorite bands, if not THE favorite one, is CYNIC (whose unique masterpiece-album, "Focus", has been release in 1993). You must also be aware that they reunited recently (check their reunion site here: http://www.cynic.info.se/)

Well, I had the immense joy and honor to share the stage with them during their first European Reunion Tour 2007 to sing on the song "Uroboric Forms" in Paris (France) and in Düdingen (Switzerland). An unforgettable moment for me to meet those musicians as talented and gifted as they are great and sympathetic human beings.

I also got to accompany them during the second leg of their European tour (Czech Republic, Romania, Serbia and Hungary), as their sound-man of course, but also as a growler on the now classic "Uroboric Forms" and on "How Could I" during the Budapest show. What a blast!!!

kultiplex1.jpg
kultiplex2.jpg

steinberger.jpg

2021 :lol:

Amazing band indeed. I was lucky enough to be there at Hellfest. Btw, I've heard ruomours about a new album... in fact, they're playing a new song called "Evolutionary Sleeper".

Yes a new album is more than rumor :) Hellfest was their first show in 13 years, it was a historical moment even if they have not reached their best level on that day, but with the emotion and all, it's easily understandable and forgivable!

A few days ago I was talking on the Neverboard about Cynic being gods among men and what a huge milestone "Focus" was. I'm still saddened that I hadn't got the chance to see them on their reunion tour, so I really hope that they do another record and go on touring. It will be almost impossible to top or reach Focus but "Evolutionary Sleeper" gave a nice glance of what Masdival, Reinert and the others are still able to do.

So I envy you quite a bit that you had the chance to even share the stage with them! ;)

Oh, how I love Cynic!

Wish I could see them, that, and find a shirt.

Any fans of Sean Malon's solo album/Gordian Knot?

Of Course, I'm a great fan of all Malone's projects : Cortlandt and the two Gordian Knot. ;)

Ah, I still have to check out Aeon Spoke and Gordian Knot. :cry:

@ Brett: Thanks for the nice words! I have to admit that I didn't really knew about Kalisia before I discovered your Forum, but I went to your myspace and listened to the samples there. Great stuff! Looking forward to "Cybion"!