Cynosure - A Constant State of Becoming (My band - Mix is 75% done)

K

kristruman

Hey everyone,

Just thought id pop in and show you some stuff i've been working on with my band, Fully produced/mixed/mastered by me. I'm not entirely happy with the mix but it think it sounds alright for now. Ill be reworking it for the actual album release.

Drums - Programmed (Slate Trigger(Various Slate/My own samples))
Cymbals - Screaming Simple (Sturgis Pack)
Bass - Ampeg SVX/Pod Farm
Guitars - Pod Farm
Vox - AT4040
Interface/Pre's: ProFire 2626
DAW: Pro Tools HD 9

Ask me what ever you'd like to know, though i do not share pod patches as i generally dont save presets anyway! :lol:

Thanks for your time!

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude this is awesome, I love everything about it. The one piece of feedback I could give (maybe its just my speakers) but the lead vocal needs to be pushed up in your face a bit more, its definately not buried behind the music but doesnt feel like its getting the attention it needs yet.

@goodfellas: Thanks man, appreciated! Thats my own pod farm tone, i dont use or really even know what 'the patch' is. As i said i never save presets. The chain is like Tuner > Screamer > Mesa Dual > Extensive eq/verb/delays/saturation.
@zvish: Haha, again its not the patch. I make my own.
@fox: Thanks so much dude! I'll definitely have a play with the vocal levels when i dive back into the mix again, Though on my KRK's and my logitech normal shit speakers they sound pretty upfront.
@DullElysium: Thanks man! We definitely encourage the dirt on his voice! :D
@3tuxedo: Thanks alot bro! Fun tone to play!

Keep the questions/feedback coming! Heaps appreciated :)

What was the vocal chain on this?

I have been digging neve eq and waves blue 1176 on lead vocals. They both add some nice color and a little grit that you were after. Somethin else you may try in the future and see what you think. Keep it up man. I would die to get something like this to mix.