Start of a new song by my band (slightly djenty).

Scissors61

Jul 18, 2007
Brighton, UK
www.myspace.com
Yo dudes.

We're attempting to get songs written towards an album that needs to be finished by around the end of this month.

Pleas ignore the fact that some parts have fairly rough playing, boring drums and the crappy, unfinished mix (especially the bass sound :p) I mostly want peoples opinions on the song itself.

It doesn't have vocals yet so I guess they could make a it a wee bit more interesting, but I'm just feeling like a lot of the sections are a bit too similar, thus making the song sound fairly repetative.

Just be cool to get peoples opinions!

Cheers in advance :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2069725/Steve-01.mp3

If anyone cares, Kick and Snare are Slate ones. Toms and cymbals are shitty AD ones just for the sake of getting something down.

Guitars are pod.

Bass is DI with Ampeg SVX and Vintagewarmer.

i've been following surfaces for a while, was introduced to you a while back, really got into the first track (this broken black? or something) in the myspace, didn't find the others as hot, but still good!

i'm really liking this new track, it's got that math + brootz i associate with surfaces! and for an unfinished mix, it's certainly sounding a lot better than your previous work! (not a fan of the bass tone, but you want song feedback!)

your concern is that the song is too samey, i wouldn't worry, you're being too hard on yourself! this is good as it is!

yea, this is definitely a strong track (but then again, this is like one of my fav genres..), glad i got to hear :)

thanks,