Band I recorded this weekend, (kinda Misery Signals-esque)

sounds nice!
too much distortion on vocals is overkill,
guitars are a little bit buried, should be easy to fix.

would you share some info on the production!?
it sounds very tight, is it the band or your editing skills!? :D

cheers
S.

I've taken any form of distortion off of the vocals, and they still sound waaaaay distorted. I think it's just the singer's voice to be honest... Just kinda how he sounds. It might also be to do with the fact that we used an i5 which is why it doesn't sound particularly detailed.

I've turned the guitars up a bit and completely re-EQ'd them. Infact, I've taken most of the EQ off, because I think I'd slightly over-thought it.

The band were actually very tight, but I edited the living fuck out of it.

Jeff, yeah man, there are literally 0 velocity changes in this. Unfortunately we didn't have time to track the actual cymbals, so I just stuck in some Addictive Drums ones quickly, and we'll probably come back and track real ones in a couple of weeks time.

I think I've balanced the kick and snare out a little bit better... And I've also backed off slightly on the mastering. I haven't bypassed it completely but it should be at least marginally less pumpy :p.

Thanks everyone for the opinions! :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2069725/Floods Song 1.mp3

anyway you would post stems of this as well?

Dude for real all the mixs you have sound soooo good lol.
do you live around a good hardcore scene in the UK or something?

i live in the midwest and our scene is rather generic and boring to me.
so i always end up having to mix shit i hate lol

The high screaming voice sounds way too distorted and gargley, and the autotune on the clean vocals is a bit harsh to me. Your cymbals sound like they are barely panned, and on my monitors it sounds like one or two cymbals are being hit for the entire song. Bring them up just a little bit. Everything else is sounding pretty good to me.

This is from nearly a year ago man.

I am obviously grateful for your input, but this is waaaay old. :p

The singer's voice actually genuinely sounded like that, and the cymbals were meant to be re-tracked afterwards, but we never got round to it because the band lost a load of members and it all went a bit crazy.

I'm gonna be tracking a mini-album for the remaining members of this band in a few months though, so I'll put up a track or two from that once it's done.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the project file for this song so I can't upload any raw files.

This is from nearly a year ago man.

I am obviously grateful for your input, but this is waaaay old. :p

The singer's voice actually genuinely sounded like that, and the cymbals were meant to be re-tracked afterwards, but we never got round to it because the band lost a load of members and it all went a bit crazy.

I'm gonna be tracking a mini-album for the remaining members of this band in a few months though, so I'll put up a track or two from that once it's done.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the project file for this song so I can't upload any raw files.

its all good man, this was a tight mix anyways

I love the vocals. Fucking sick. Very gurgly.

However, I think Slate drums are totally wrong for this. It may be too late but I would have gone with some thinner, more natural drum sounds. Slate is making this sound like Sturgis-core, when in fact the music is pretty cool.