Cyrenic - Metaphor

I love Cyrenic. To my ears there are touches of prog and metal in their sound, but that really doesn't matter because it is just really good music. Their release last year Selective Memory made the upper part of my annual list. If the rest of the new album is as good as the link, then I am sold.

I love Cyrenic. To my ears there are touches of prog and metal in their sound, but that really doesn't matter because it is just really good music. Their release last year Selective Memory made the upper part of my annual list. If the rest of the new album is as good as the link, then I am sold.

Go to Cyrenic.com and pre-order the physical disc and you'll get the HQ download now. It's a little bit long at 15 songs, but it's definitely their best work so far.

I just got this terrific album in the mail. Very enjoyable. Not only does Brian Zuckerman have an incredible voice, but he also did the neat art work as well! Here are a couple more links. You should give these guys a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^Agreed. This is top five for me this year, but it's only halfway over. I still don't see too many on the horizon better than this, but hopefully there are. This is just some passionate modern rock with some really nice arrangements and great lyrics(kinda pissed they arent' included with physical CD). It's not quite metal, not quite prog but all quality.