D-20 - Deftones Cover (Podxt/Superior 2.0)

Nice sound and mix! I like the Superior sound you achieved, did you use the internal effects or not? If yes, could you share the preset? I think you need to lower overhead and hi-hat, as machinated already said. Did you use impulse or pod's cab?

Nice sound and mix! I like the Superior sound you achieved, did you use the internal effects or not? If yes, could you share the preset? I think you need to lower overhead and hi-hat, as machinated already said. Did you use impulse or pod's cab?

Thanks for the comments!!!

I actually didn't use any internal effects at all with Superior 2.0. I tried using them before and it sounded really good as midi, but when i bounced the drums down it sounded different to me. I mainly just used Cubase's EQ and some compression on the drums.

For the guitar tone i used the Criminal amp and i think it was the T75 cab, 57 off axis with the screamer effect. Double tracked guitars panned hard left and right.

Oh, and listening back to the song i agree that the OH and the HH should be turned down a bit.

Thanks again for the comments!!! :headbang:

I don't really think the kick or the snare are cutting it. The kick lacks in the clicky sound, IMO. I'd midscoop and compress it more, personally.

Overall, I feel everything sounds kinda... small and quiet.

I like the kick sound, since when is having a clicky kick a good thing? especially in rock, in death metal I would understand but not in this case. Snare is ok too, way to get rid of the annoying ring all the snares in S 2.0 have., needs to be louder though imo.
And as you know the OH's are too loud.