dallas venue change - damn buisnessmen

rev

New Metal Member
Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
I don't know if any of you are from Dallas or have heard about this. The Bronco Bowl - a 40 year old Dallas landmark and home of the Canyon Club, one of the premiere metal venues in the area - had been sold to developers who will build a fucking HOME DEPOT!!! argh.

Our lovely mayor, Laura Miller, merely said her neighborhood now will have a nearby home depot. bitch.

Anyway, the Thrax show on May 22 has been moved to the Underworld off of Lower Greenville. It's supposed to reputable, but i was under the impression just local bands played there. Anyone heard of it? Will this change anyone's travel plans?

Those fucking Home Depots. The spot that was originally supposed to be the Coyotes arena in Scottsdale is now supposed to be a Home Depot, Walmrt and Sam's Club instead, if the residents stop whining about it (which they will, if they see dollar signs thrown around). It's not like there isn't one in every five square miles all over the place.

rev said:
I don't know if any of you are from Dallas or have heard about this. The Bronco Bowl - a 40 year old Dallas landmark and home of the Canyon Club, one of the premiere metal venues in the area - had been sold to developers who will build a fucking HOME DEPOT!!! argh.

Our lovely mayor, Laura Miller, merely said her neighborhood now will have a nearby home depot. bitch.

Anyway, the Thrax show on May 22 has been moved to the Underworld off of Lower Greenville. It's supposed to reputable, but i was under the impression just local bands played there. Anyone heard of it? Will this change anyone's travel plans?

Was this sold voluntarily or was it taken by eminent domain or was there a threat of eminent domain?

That's the shitty thing- it was sold voluntarily. Apparently the owners thought it wasn't profitable enough. If it really was in financial trouble, the community probably would have rallied and raised money - Dallas can be supportive of cultural places on occasion.