DAMMIT!!!! (Trouble related)

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
I wonder if this will affect all their upcoming US dates which are less than a month away...........

I guess I can't blame him as his reasons seem solid enough.
Though its not like he hasn't played in TROUBLE with NON original members before............

Drummer Jeff "Oly" Olson has quit THE SKULL, the band he formed with fellow original member of Chicago doom legends TROUBLE, vocalist Eric Wagner, and the band's longtime bassist, Ron Holzner. Jeff says in a statement, "Upon much thought, and effective immediately, I will not be participating with THE SKULL. I've decided to wait for a real TROUBLE reunion with original members or not play TROUBLE's music at all. I can not comment further at this time. My apologies to those who have been disappointed."

I saw this yesterday. While not overly familiar with the band, I was seriously considering seeing them at DotD and more likely, Alehorn this year. Despite reasons why he didn't want to, I honestly think if they already had dates in advance, it was his duty to play those shows and THEN leave. So no, I don't find the reason good in terms of leaving now. Later? Maybe. Also, it's not like it's new that this band wasn't going to have all original Trouble members, so him saying this now is just odd to me.

I saw this yesterday. While not overly familiar with the band, I was seriously considering seeing them at DotD and more likely, Alehorn this year. Despite reasons why he didn't want to, I honestly think if they already had dates in advance, it was his duty to play those shows and THEN leave. So no, I don't find the reason good in terms of leaving now. Later? Maybe. Also, it's not like it's new that this band wasn't going to have all original Trouble members, so him saying this now is just odd to me.

I agree with this. I saw them play at DOTD last year (well, it was Holzner/Wagner/Oly and the two guitarists from Blackfinger -- but the four songs they did were fantastic) and they seemed to be having a good time... I'd still like to see The Skull at DOTD II this year, and I find it odd he pulled the rug out so close to the dates when everything seemed to be going so well...

I guess I should confirm that I don't know about Alehorn.
i had specifically asked about the Tilted Kilt show on Friday June 15.
I would assume though that if they feel they will have a drummer ready by then that any subsequent gig would still be on.