Damn, a blast from the past is tempting me.

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
I used to play in some Bands over the years....my current Band isn't too time-consuming atm, cause we're not playing that much, only if it pays off or if we've got the possibility to support a bigger act (like we did with shadowsfall, sabbat, iron saviour, tankard, disparaged, pungent stench etc...).
that is good, cause I decided to settle a bit and get my job/studio going.
That's my main goal that's where I'm planning to be successfull at.

then there is this other band I used to play in (for a short time), that band played wacken twice, toured europe with cannibal corpse, marduk, mystic circle (not that I like them ;) ), played with testament, graveworm, dead soul tribe, cradle of filth etc.....we had a lot of fun in different countries and it was a cool time, but nothing that payed off financially or so....

now that the band was re-united i was asked to play the guitars again....
I said "no", cause I think I just don't have the time..most gigs are usually at the weekend and that's exactly the time the most bands are booking the studio....
on the other hand they're gonna play some of the big summerfestivals, a scandinavia-tour etc. and it's really tempting to be back on the bigger stages again, damn!

I just love playing live, but I don’t know how to combine that with my studio-job....
I have no idea how to decide, what would you do?

money won't be a point.....I won't make alot of money gigging.
it's not even the money I'm losing by not working those weekends/days/weeks.... but more that I really want to start something for the future with the studio...that means hard work 7 days the week (I'm about to buy a house and stuff)
And I kinda feel like cheating on me and my goals by just taking "the easy and fun way".
Hard to explain....especially when drunk ;)

Hell, you can talk about your studio on tour, build up a good rep, and maybe have some better opportunities for when you come back to the studio. Do it.

Even better, if you can get some of your band's stuff done with your studio's name on it, you have advertising for your studio along with your band's CD sales.

Jeff