Damn Churchies...

plattopus

Gravity Eyelids
Jan 29, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
www.theshithaus.com
I just got an email telling me that someone had submitted a question to DTFAQ.com... this is what it said:

Question: Why did you guys start using curse words in your new album? It was and is very discouraging.

The sound on your new album is great--why did you have to ruin it with vulgarity. I was even spreading some of your music to young musicians in my church. NOT ANYMORE!!! Come on guys. Even if you don't sing lead vocals--if you are a Christian don't go along with this junk. I know not all of you are, but some of you are suppose to be. Your music was much better before.

Very Dissapointed,

brad
I am ashamed to share a name with this moron.

First of all, he's speaking as if this message is going directly to the band, when the site states MANY TIMES that I have no contact with the band and the FAQ has nothing to do with them.

And then there's the rest of the shit about cursing and Christians and stuff. Double ewe tee eff mate?

Since when is "THOU SHALT NOT CUSS" a commandment?

Foxtel is getting its very own Christian channel soon! :headbang:

I'm sure Jesus swore just a little when he was being nailed on the cross.

I think the word "fuck" or "fucking" appears twice on the Train of Thought album, plus one or two instances of the word "shit". Like Blitz said... it ain't Blood Duster.

Spiff: is it ACC? Optus has had that for a while... it's hilariously funny and painfully sad all at the same time.

Write back to him and *accidently* use the word cun't instead of can't

EG:

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, I cun't put it up on the website because it may offend the band and I cun't have that happening.

Brad

Actually, paraphrase an ancient Two Ronnies skit and claim that your "a" key isn't working so you have to use the "u" exclusively, to wit:

"Hi Brud,

Thunks for your question. Unfortunutely, I cun't..." etc.

I guess you could also pretend you're from New Zealand.

Just send him this :lol: :lol:

06-untitled.png

Once again some idiot is using religion as an excuse to peddle a personal agenda. Scumfuckingbags.

Hilarious church sign..... :lol:

But by the by, who really cares if this person dislikes the swearing on a DT album...? Sure, he may be a semi-inarticulate wanker, but respect his right to disapprove I say!

Sydo said:
Once again some idiot is using religion as an excuse to peddle a personal agenda. Scumfuckingbags.
I don't quite follow this...?