Damn. I'm listening to Life is Peachy right now

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
WTF? I've always said that I like the first two Korn albums, even if it is nu-metal. They invented it, so fuck it.

What's surprising is that there are some really good hooks in it, albeit overly simple and base. When I was a kid I of course liked it because I thought it was "aggressive" and "heavy"...but coming from a standpoint well-versed in all types of metal, it's not a bad album, IMO.

ehhhhhhhhhh. The album before it is a lot more consistent, and the songs are much better overall. I got Life is Peachy from a neighbor who's mom turned christian so he was forced to give away his "devil music" CDs on the school bus. Wasn't even worth that price.

Haha, funny story, he gave his Marilyn Manson CDs to my sister, but then my mom, who was currently going through a uberchristian phase herself, found out and made her give them back. This angered my sister so she rummaged through my CDs and showed the worst ones to my mom, who in turn just shrugged her off. ZING!

I think I was 17 when it came out...1996 I think.

It's a shame that they dumbed down their stuff EVEN MORE for their retard fans.

james1.jpg

ehhhhhhhhhh. The album before it is a lot more consistent, and the songs are much better overall. I got Life is Peachy from a neighbor who's mom turned christian so he was forced to give away his "devil music" CDs on the school bus. Wasn't even worth that price.

By much better, you mean "a bit less shitty" yes?

Haha, funny story, he gave his Marilyn Manson CDs to my sister, but then my mom, who was currently going through a uberchristian phase herself, found out and made her give them back. This angered my sister so she rummaged through my CDs and showed the worst ones to my mom, who in turn just shrugged her off. ZING!

I like the dynamics of the vocals a lot more in Life is Peachy. It's less teen angst-y and gives more to the song overall. He screams his ass off in a couple of those songs too, a whole fuckload better than the overpopulated mediocre metalcore bands of today.

By much better, you mean "a bit less shitty" yes?

I'm not even going to attempt to compare them nowadays, but this is a memory back from I was a wee youngin', ridin' the school bus.

By the time Life is Peachy was released, I had moved on to adore better things, like Megadeth, Paradise Lost, and Nevermore. All courtesy of the tape deck in my '91 T-bird.

You can't compare it to anything these days, not when we have great bands like Gojira.

But in their own element, it's quite decent.

according to various PR machines (and I believe it was a banner ad on this site for a while), it was really Faith No More who invented nu metal. ha ha!

duna na duna na duna na duna na

what did ya say!?! what did ya sayyyyy!!?