Damn Tobias Sammet!

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I had both Avantasia albums but I have to acknowledge that they're flowery as can be, so I wasn't very eager to be suck into the third album even with Jorn Lande aboard but now...

We have just got the official information that Scorpions-guitarist Rudolf Schenker and US-legend Alice Cooper will appear as guest musicians on Tobias' forthcoming Avantasia-project.

Tobias: "I am really proud and grateful to have Rudolf and Alice as guests on the album. I am glad Rudolf finally managed to do it as the Scorpions have been so busy promoting their new album "Humanity hour1" which I think is their best since 1987. We had to re-schedule the session once and finally we worked things out catching up backstage in Slovakia during a Scorpions/ Edguy show. And what can I say about Alice Cooper? He is a unique American legend! Everybody knows him and all I can say is: I ain't worthy, I ain't worthy! The role he's sung suits him perfectly! Both Rudolf and Alice - did great performances and I am truely blessed to have won them as special guests for my album!" Also starring on Avantasia so far: Sascha Paeth, Henjo Richter, Eric Singer, Miro, Michael Kiske, Jorn Lande, Bob Catley, Amanda Somerville & Tobias himself of course...

I cannot pass on Alice, damn Sammet he got me again :lol:

NP: Riot - 'Blinded'

I'll be checking it out for sure. I liked the first two Avantasia albums, flowery as they were. My problem with 1 & 2 is although I enjoy them when I listen to them, they rarely call to me from the cd shelf. They're good, but not quite catchy enough to stay in a regular rotation.

I'll be checking it out for sure. I liked the first two Avantasia albums, flowery as they were. My problem with 1 & 2 is although I enjoy them when I listen to them, they rarely call to me from the cd shelf. They're good, but not quite catchy enough to stay in a regular rotation.

Same here they're are on normal rotation, but not regular. Still now with Jorn and Alice...well nice marketing:saint:

NP: Savage Steel - 'The Betrayal (intro)/The Chambers Of Darkness'

I'm curious to know whether Tobi would keep his standards as high... Funny, never dug Edguy, but Avantasia's great! If I were the guitarist in Edguy I'd kill Tobi for putting the best material in Avantasia :lol:

Funny, never dug Edguy, but Avantasia's great!

I'm almost there, I won't say it' s great but decent :saint:. Long time without see you posting SB, how's life doing? Any news from the Stimulans field?

Long time without see you posting SB, how's life doing? Any news from the Stimulans field?

Life's okay, I'm busy with my steady work and playing in two bands. I've had rare free weekends, I can tell you that :D
Stimulans will record a full length CD that will contain the songs from the demo as well as 4-5 other. Those are the first songs made by the band so we'd like to sort of "close the chapter" and record newer stuff for the next CD.
If we get a deal then it will be released officially, and if we don't (more realistic situation IMO) then we'll distribute it ourselves. I'll keep UMOS informed, don't worry... ;)

Great news (two bands?, workaholic!), glad you´re doing fine.

Indeed a full-length CD from Stimulans will be highly expected (at least by me).

NP: Jorn - 'Are You Ready?'

Bump this thread as I just got the Avantasia new album. Definitively much, much better than the "Metal Opera". The band (Sascha Paeth, Eric Singer and Tobias Sammet) is very tight and the guest vocalists do a great job especially Jorn Lande and Alice Cooper. It's an album that grows rapidly on me, melodic heavy metal as its best.

Tobias Sammet = lead vocals, bass
Sacha Paeth = guitars
Eric Singer = drums

Bob Catley, Alice Cooper, Oliver Hartmann, Roy Khan, Michel Kiske, Jorn Lande and Amanda Sommerville = guest vocals

Kai Hansen, Henjo Richter, Rudolf Schenker = additional lead guitars.

I liked this album a lot more than the first 2 Avantasia discs. Better production and catchier songs made this a real treat. There were still a few filler songs, but as a whole, as much stronger effort!

I agree on the catchier songs definitively, and the vocalists mix is better than the previous effort.

Ditto here. This feels more like Edguy's last album Rocket Ride, which made my top ten back in 06. Most veteran Tobias fans gripe about his new love of 80s rock/metal, but I love it! Right up my alley...

I'm not an Edguy fan but definitvely I agree that the vibe of the new album is much more traditional 80's rock/metal than Europower as "Metal Opera" is.