DAMN YOU UAD PLUGINS!!!!!

Sep 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
So I have serious problem when it comes to UAD plugs. I have the UAD 1 card, and every now n then all of a sudden, all my UAD plugins on the track disable themselves and it takes forever to get back on. Help guys? I have a good computer so I doubt that's the problem. Has anyone else had this problem before?! Shit

Did you try reseating it? Or trying a different PCI port? I had a couple of these cards for a couple years and never had this problem.

There are so many variables it's insane. I would open a support ticket or post a thread on their official forum (if they have one) to see if anybody else is having the issue.

UAD-1 cards are not designed to work with 64bit systems. In addition they are technically not supported with Win Vista or Win 7. That being said I have the same problem and when I spoke to the UAD rep he told me all I have to do is close the DAW and restart the session and everything will work fine.

As soon as I did this everything worked.

So as soon as you get the pop up telling you "one or more UAD 1 plugins have been disabled" click ok, closes the session and reopen it and everything will be fine.

I am getting the same error message from time to time from my UAD-2 DUO on Win7/64 and I did not reach the DSP limit at all. Restarting the DAW or reloading the project helps. Annoying... because I don't like to be interrupted in my creative process with stuff like this.

I am getting the same error message from time to time from my UAD-2 DUO on Win7/64 and I did not reach the DSP limit at all. Restarting the DAW or reloading the project helps. Annoying... because I don't like to be interrupted in my creative process with stuff like this.

that´s strange. i´m on win7/64 bit, too using 2 uad-1 and one uad duo and didn´t have a problem so far....

never had a single problem with mine, UAD1 and Win7 x64,

Try moving the card to a different slot, (at the opposite end of the mother board to where it is now preferably) if your board has 2 PCI controllers moving it far away might put it onto the other controller.
- blow any dust out the slots too
The card may be having PCI bandwidth issues and just crapping out so moving it to a nother (perhaps less stressed controller) might help this.