DAMNATIONS DAY - KILLER New Intromental Signing!

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
Intromental Worldwide is very proud to announce that we've signed the Australian power / thrash / heavy metal band DAMNATIONS DAY. The band is an amazing blend of thrash influenced power metal and melodic classic heavy metal - somewhere in between bands such as Evergrey, Forbidden and Brainstorm...

Elegantly balancing between melodic heavy metal and thrash-influenced power metal, Australia's DAMNATIONS DAY delivers an earsplitting slab of high quality music for the next generation.

Read more about the band here: www.intromental.com/damnationsday and listen to the song "The Meaning" www.intromental.org/music/damnationsday from their new album.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got the band's name slightly wrong on the subject bar but apart from that it seems to rule! First song reminds me a little of fellow Aussies Eyefear. Second one is a full on pounder though and sounds closer to Brainstorm in their heyday.

You got the band's name slightly wrong on the subject bar but apart from that it seems to rule! First song reminds me a little of fellow Aussies Eyefear. Second one is a full on pounder though and sounds closer to Brainstorm in their heyday.

Yeah, I noticed the typo and then edited the title... but for some reason it's still showing the old one? Deron? Glenn?

Anyways, this album is strong from beginning to end. I'm so excited about working with these guys!!

I would love to review this for The Metal Pit! Let me know guys! Sounds right up my alley!

Once we have a record label in place, THEY will send out promos.

In all honesty, I think it's deeply disrespectful of "journalists" in this day and age with leaks of unreleased music, to ask bands for their albums before the proper album promotion done by their official record label begins. Not necessarily pointing you out, but I know several "journalists" on this forum that are doing exactly that, just so they can hype themselves (look what I've got ...) rather than the band they should care about.

c.

Once we have a record label in place, THEY will send out promos.

In all honesty, I think it's deeply disrespectful of "journalists" in this day and age with leaks of unreleased music, to ask bands for their albums before the proper album promotion done by their official record label begins. Not necessarily pointing you out, but I know several "journalists" on this forum that are doing exactly that, just so they can hype themselves (look what I've got ...) rather than the band they should care about.

c.

I understand and I agree with you Claus. In my case I write reviews on a volunteer basis, I wouldn't call myself a "journalist", just someone who loves metal and wants to help support the scene and if I love a band I also BUY the album when it's released. :headbang: When I write a review for a band I love it's to help promote the band, not myself or The Metal Pit. I constantly get asked to share the promos I receive from the record companies and my reply is always the same: "Buy the album!" Hopefully the band finds a record label soon because the music deserves to be heard! :kickass:

I understand and I agree with you Claus. In my case I write reviews on a volunteer basis, I wouldn't call myself a "journalist", just someone who loves metal and wants to help support the scene and if I love a band I also BUY the album when it's released. :headbang: When I write a review for a band I love it's to help promote the band, not myself or The Metal Pit. I constantly get asked to share the promos I receive from the record companies and my reply is always the same: "Buy the album!" Hopefully the band finds a record label soon because the music deserves to be heard! :kickass:

I think Claus overreacted to your innocent offer to review the album. I am curious as to who the "several" journalists on this forum are that are apparently contacting bands directly for not yet released albums.

I think Claus overreacted to your innocent offer to review the album.

I think I was holding back quite nicely - I could have gone all out and said worse things about the whole "web journalists" in this day and age, and how a lot of them are to blame for music getting spread around that shouldn't, and how it's doing its part of ruining this business for those who work professionally in the music scene. But I didn't go all out ...

If you call that overreacting, you don't know me very well :)

I am curious as to who the "several" journalists on this forum are that are apparently contacting bands directly for not yet released albums.

No need to point people out here. They know who they are.

I think I was holding back quite nicely - I could have gone all out and said worse things about the whole "web journalists" in this day and age, and how a lot of them are to blame for music getting spread around that shouldn't, and how it's doing its part of ruining this business for those who work professionally in the music scene. But I didn't go all out ...

If you call that overreacting, you don't know me very well :)

No need to point people out here. They know who they are.

As long as you realize that MY comment was a sincere offer to help spread the word about a great new Intromental band. I assumed they were already signed since they had an album out. My mistake. I'm currently unemployed and yeah, I write reviews (voluntarily) for a crappy little webzine, but I was the first one to spread the word about Beyond the Bridge when I received the promo in December of 2011 doing a review and interview and starting the first thread on the forum about them that went widely ignored. I also spread the word about a great Intromental band Artizan, buying the cd, and even trekking to NYC for the United Powers of Metal show on a Wednesday night to support the band and Intromental. I have great business relationships with great labels like Frontiers, Century Media, Napalm, InsideOut, and Inner Wound. I would never jeopardize the contacts I've made by putting the promos on some torrent site. I do hope Damnations Day gets signed to a label soon, because from what I heard they deserve to be heard by a wider audience! :headbang: