Dan goes jingle writer?

Earthbound

Trust No One
Mar 8, 2007
Sweden
rateyourmusic.com
"Two Swedish metal legends — strongly rumored to be Dan Swanö (EDGE OF SANITY, BLOODBATH) and Lord K. Philipson (THE PROJECT HATE MCMXCIX, TORTURE DIVISION, GOD AMONG INSECTS, HOUSE OF USHER, LEUKEMIA) — have, under the moniker IBUPROFANE, recorded the one-minute masterpiece "I.P.R.E.N." It's their death metal contribution to a competition where the company behind one of Sweden's most popular painkillers, Ipren, is looking for a new theme song for their next TV commercial. The winner gets SEK 50,000 (approximately $7,225)."

Source

Listen to the track here.

Best thing I've seen and heard all week! :kickass:
Any comments, Dan? Lord K?

I have no idea what this is about, but the song is amazing. Sounds like something only 2 extremely amazing individuals could cook up.

Yeah I hope for your sake that none of those two start a death metal band or you might have to start calling Torture Division the world's second best death metal. ;)

I believe the competition ends in October or something. Thing is, we're not winning this - that was not the point. I just fucken had it with all the kids playing the bongo, singing into their cellphone, hoping to win this thing. I just wanted to make a statement that if you're gonna do something - fucken do it for real. It's not that hard. Just listen to the goddamn tune - it's a masterpiece.

The song is awesome. I know. But as Jello Biafra once asked... WHAT IF HE WINS!? Does Dan get to be on the package of the medication holding his head? "CURES EVEN A CASE OF THE RAKSHASAS!"

My mom works in advertising and the process of selecting / creating jingles is usually done by professional musicians, which is why I find this ironic. The American idol approach would break down if professional musicians submitted what they REALLY wanted to do with these jingle. Just imagine the Juicy Fruit jingle's acid rock version sung by Bjork featuring Whoopi Goldberg. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE FUCKEN ENDLESS