Dan Swano's amp set up on Crimson 2.

CF87

Dec 15, 2003
Anyone know what Dan used on Edge of Sanity 'Crimson' 2 ?

It sounds like he had a big role in the guitar sound on Bloodbath 'Nightmares Made Flesh' which has a similiar guitar tone. Nice thick,rich, and clear at the same time. Killer

:headbang:

Right...

If I remember right it was Pod XT with a valve EQ and then a gazillion of various safotware EQ´s to get it right....I suggest you to try out GuitarRig..the future of guitarsound!!

Would you recommend that over the pod Dan? I tried guitar rig some time ago and wasn't too thrilled with it. I think modellers have yet to really hit their peak.

it´s all about the presets...The sound I use for all the guitars on the Second Sky album is beyond amazing. and ALL guitars on "Nightfall Overture" is Guitarrig...

I'm not so shure about guitarrig...
It has nice clean sounds and the moderate distorted ones are good too, but I can't get a really heavy distorted sound out of it.

I tried GuitarRig some time ago, but I didn´t really like it. The heavy distortion of the presets was just too fuzzy and I was too lazy to build presets myself.

There is one software amp that I think is pretty useable. It´s called Simulanalog Guitar Suite and it consists of the simulation of a JCM900, some Boss Stomp Boxes and a Fender Amp. And the best thing: It´s free.

Check it out here: http://www.simulanalog.org

Dan Swanö said:
it´s all about the presets...The sound I use for all the guitars on the Second Sky album is beyond amazing. and ALL guitars on "Nightfall Overture" is Guitarrig...

Whoa... haha, so why doesn't it sound like that for me!!! Did you do anything else to it to make it sound like that? It must be worth more experimenting.

Death's Acre said:
Whoa... haha, so why doesn't it sound like that for me!!! Did you do anything else to it to make it sound like that? It must be worth more experimenting.

There's another way to use these software emulations, maybe Dan does this....
You can go through your amp and go line out from the amp in the computer. Then you only need the speaker simulation of the software and not the whole distortion and pre-amp chain.
Good thing is that your amp hasn't to be loud, or you can mute him totally.
It's worth a try.

Dan
ALL guitars on "Nightfall Overture" is Guitarrig...

?????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan-plz gimme presets to hear the sound!!! :yell: :yell: :yell:

If you download the update to POD XT it kicks ass ! I´m not saying it´s better or worse than Guitarrig, just different. But it has one great advantage: it´s not in the computer ! I don´t need to start a new guitarrig everytime i have som hot ideas for guitar overdubs. I used the guitarrig for "Nightfall" on my solos but i never use it for my own stuff. Hardware rocks !

Can you download free guitar programs to use on a computer ?

How does this stuff work.

Gurgelguff said:
If you download the update to POD XT it kicks ass ! I´m not saying it´s better or worse than Guitarrig, just different. But it has one great advantage: it´s not in the computer ! I don´t need to start a new guitarrig everytime i have som hot ideas for guitar overdubs. I used the guitarrig for "Nightfall" on my solos but i never use it for my own stuff. Hardware rocks !

good to hear some love for actual equipment still surviving around here!

Check out this Brave New Hell (Bloodbath) cover.
Sadly, the drums are programmed.

http://jonis.obitus.org/bnh.mp3

I used Guitar Rig. I've also used it on own material.

Hi!
I am new here and my name is Peter Espinoza from the Swedish sleazeband Nasty Idols.
Anyway, Lobster.. Youre sound is ROCKING!!!! I am pretty new to Guitarrig but i love that! I want to learn how to make this kind of sound you have! Can you if u have the time, please give me some ideas how to get this great sound? :headbang::headbang: