Dandelium - New full song, style change from the demo.

Erik Monsonis

Nov 18, 2006
Mexico City
www.darkhouseaudio.com
Hey guys! :D

Here's a new song i've been working on for some weeks, I'm going to need some advice as I'm not 100% happy with this mix.

Here's a 320kb/s Mp3:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/425433/Dandelium/tema 20.mp3

Drums are S2.0 TMF + custom kick sample + Snare15/Snare18 combo.
Bass is my Harley Benton HBB500 with year old+ strings .
Guitars are Ibanez SA160QM with EMG85, year old+ elixir 0.12-0.68 strings, Drop A tuning. Processed with TSE 808 > Lecto > Lecab2 > greg's free impulse > LP-HP
Keys are Symphobia.

Cheers!

Cool song and guitars as usual, but the snare is REALLY treble heavy, makes it artificial sounding. A lot of treble, also compared to your other mixes...reminds me of the SSD sample of the Black Snare
When I read "full song" I hoped it would be allready with Javi :/

Love the song and the guitars, but the snare bugs the shit out of me. Sounds like you hit an empty pudding package :lol:
Kick is awesome. The riff at 0:26 makes me go
th_headbang.gif

I think it sound so gay erik…
I'm sorry jajajaja

It sounds great but for my taste there is to much treblish abuse there, lot's of ultra high frequencies. It stress me a little bit.

Digging the guitars. I'd do a tiny boost at around 400hz for a little more width.

Bass is sitting nicely.

Change the snare, get one of the close room mics in foundry, turn all the drum bleed off, leaving only the cymbals, and crank that sucker up to get some more body in those cymbals.

It's going to be great, cause it's already very good.

i think the complete mix needs some more bass,
can't really hear the bass and the bassdrum is too clicky.
guitars sound awesome, fucking tight playing also, WOW!

i am used to hear much more melodic stuff from you,
kinda miss this here, however it's a good track!

cheers
S.

Incredible sounding and songwriting as usual :worship: The guitar tone is awesome dude.

If you don't mind, ¿How many guitar tracks are recorded(¿quad/double track?) and how are they panned? Sounds so fat.

Congratulations :headbang: