Dandelium - New full song, style change from the demo.

WOW that's amazing! I know this thread is a few months old but that's really damn good mixing!

How do you get your guitars sounding so bright with year old strings? I'd have to boost the hell out of the 2-4khz region to get that sort of sparkle, especially with amp sims but I always lose the growly mids (or end up getting boxy ones or unwanted sizzle!)

Bravo sir, bravo!

Just wondering, do you edit your guitar tracks, or is that your good take?

Really tight playing :)

Elixirs stay bright for months, and I used the tone knob maxed in the tube screamer. That's about it ;)

About the editing, I just record it by sections, edit out playing noises, stops, etc. Then I just consolidate and print the tracks.

I love the guitar tone, and the drums. I hear the bass guitar, but it's very clean and doesn't really meld with the guitar tone much. If that makes sense? The drums and synths almost sound too clean and crisp; whereas everything else is very mid-range distorted. I think maybe changing up the bass tone might help "glue" things together a bit more perhaps? Or maybe compress a bit more on the master track? I love the drums though, sounds awesome.

The mix has the vibe from soilworks stabbing the drama in my opinion. A little. Sounds really awesome. Not huge on the snare though. Feel it could use a little more body in the 120 range or maybe a little little little less crack. Just seems it should be fatter to really gel. This is a matter of opinion though.