Daniel's bio pic on the official site

Daniel L. said:
come on...i´m not that complex. i´m either drunk or comfused. if anyone wanna drink some beer with me tomorrow i´ll be at Harrys. cheers!!

i'll be at harry's too, dirty harry's that is. two kata members being at two harrys miles apart...hahah thats some sync'd high bizz right there! and by the way, who can turn down a club that plays death metal songs all night long with piss cheap beer...

lets turn this into a "where dya hang out on saturdays" thread...lets hear it!

EvilVince said:
It sucks in Arizona, the legendary metal club The Mason Jar was recently turned into a gay bar. I went there, of course. But the beer was still expensive.

-Vince

Gay bar in the respect that they started playing Godsmack, or in the respect that there are oiled up homosexuals dancing in it?

Blakkheim said:
for yer information.... me > mods.
now dont be afraid children of the night! speak up! i wanna know about potential kick ass clubs and bars around the world!

Harpo's in Detroit would be the best place for a Katatonia show in Michigan probably.....I have seen Opeth, dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth......hmmm....and some others I cant think of right now....but it isnt too big and isnt too small....the sound isnt too shitty and isnt super good....
Basically it is a metal bar.....its about 4-5 hours North from where you guys played in Ohio....I would shit if you guys played there....but it doesnt matter to me where you guys play in the U.S......Ill be there......I know you guys will do your best to make it here..

Reece

When I was in italy I didn´t go out so often...just because I had to take the car and travel lots of Kms to find a pub...and then if you drive you can´t drink..so it´s no fun...better to organize small parties at home...but none of my friends drink alcohol..so we ended up to watch a film or to play cards or games...
In any case the few times I´ve been out it was in Milan and I can highly recommend the club Transilvania (where Katatonia played many times, well actually two times) and another club that is kind of chic and where they make a selection before letting you in... (so Anders if you come there drunk and with your White Snake jeans jacket I doubt you can go in..he he) but it´s really really suggestive and nice because it was a church before and they turned it into a club.
Here is the link so you can give it a closer look:
http://www.ilgattopardocafe.it/

Everytime I´ve been there I just felt that it would have been perfect with Diabolical Masquerade on background or with some black metal...but unfortunately it´s not the kind of music they play there....

When I was a student in Innsbruck I use to go out almost every day(ah those good times!) and since it was a student town there were parties everywhere:) The only metal club I remember there is called Prometheus, but it wasn´t so special...

I feel that in Germany there is the widest choice as for metal clubs...not so much in Sweden so far..Berlin is better in this sense.
Here in Sweden I haven´t seen locals that close after 4 in the morning for example...and actually I still haven´t been in a place where they play death or black metal...while in Germany there were many locals where you could listen to this music (and the beer was cheaper).

So a part from "Rocks", "Pub Anchor", "kelly´s" are there any locals in Stockholm where they also play death metal???
I feel in this season I want to listen mostly to death metal....and so far there isn´t a wide choice of metal places in Stockholm..or maybe it´s because I´m new here and still have to know the nightlife better...

Blakkheim said:
for yer information.... me > mods.
now dont be afraid children of the night! speak up! i wanna know about potential kick ass clubs and bars around the world!

So i have official permission to put the thread up on the Opeth forum. I will do it....Although i really am making myself sound like i have no life.

Istanbul sucks too.They play heavy metal all the time.Beer(if we think about the water and the lemon in it) is neither cheap nor expensive.So home is a better place so that i can listen black,death,doom and katatonia all night with my tequila or Absolut so that guys if you ever come here again i advice my house to you;you can not find a better place in Istanbul.

i have been in Falun drinking once...
it was me, two friends and about 5 more ppl out that day :)

the only place to go is Bryggan (bryggeriet), former Knucklehead, in Mighty Märsta!

Blakkheim said:
and by the way, who can turn down a club that plays death metal songs all night long with piss cheap beer...

lets turn this into a "where dya hang out on saturdays" thread...lets hear it!

where the hell can I find that club? In Stockholm? Sinds like some kind of utopia.

HeBeHu said:
I bet Jonas and Fredrik are delighted to hear October Tide playing on Jinn's myspace page. Sure you got the rights to have it playing there?

I do indeed. On a Myspace streamcast, they have a nifty little feature called 'add'

When clicked, it allows a user to add that song to their myspace page.

Bands can activate and deactivate this feature as they wish.

Bands can also allow downloads of their songs off of myspace, as I allow on Mourning Glory's myspace.