Danish metal!!

~UlvedaL~

Where Lost Souls Travel
Feb 19, 2002
Muspelheim...
Visit site
I just thought I would spam the danish scene, by informing you which bands that are worth to check out... The danish scene is growing, and with bands as Iniquity, Exmortem, Panzerchrist and Illnath it must be a crescendo of metal.. Enjoy!

*Ad Noctum (Blackmetal)
Manticora (Powermetal)
Angantyr (Viking/blackmetal)
*Illnath (Atmospheric Blackmetal)
*Exmortem (Great brutal/technical deathmetal)
*Koldborn (Groovy Deathmetal)
Zenith (Old school alike deathmetal)
Tågefolket (Blackmetal)
Nortt (Black/doommetal)
*Ofring (Viking/Blackmetal)
Invocator (Trashmetal)
Denial Of God (Blackmetal)
Usipian (Deathmetal)
*Panzerchrist (Allstar deathmetalband)
Beyond Reality (Melodic deathmetal)
*Iniquity (Brutal/Technical deathmetal... Denmarks kings of death!)
*Illdisposed (Deathmetal... "Four Depressive Seasons is one of the greatest albums ever!)
Thorium (Oldschool inspired Deathmetal)
*Hatesphere (Deathtrash)
Urkraft (Deathmetal)
*Compus Mentis (Melodic death/blackmetal)
Blazing Eternity (Doom/depressivemetal)
*Mercenary (Melodic death/trash)
Withering Surface (Melodic deathmetal... Once they were blackmetal)
*Aurora (Death/black/weirdmetal)

- those are all worth to check out! Especially the "*"-marked...

www.danishmetalpages.dk
www.danishmetal.dk

Mercenary are cool :cool: somewhat funny to alter this clean metal voice with grunts but it sounds not bad :)

even better are Aurora!!! :loco: yes, "weird" is a good description :D I must get the albums before Dead Electric Nightmares :D

Originally posted by IOfTheStorm
errr...
where is King Diamond and Mercyful Fate?

I should maybe add, that King Diamond not really lives in Denmark anymore, and actually is providing the american scene with music more than the danish.. Good that you observed it though;)

I ment undergroundbands in the very beginning... King lives in America these days, I think, and therefore isn´t active on the danish U-scene no more... Mercyfull Fate and Artillery are history, but rules though...

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~
I ment undergroundbands in the very beginning... King lives in America these days, I think, and therefore isn´t active on the danish U-scene no more... Mercyfull Fate and Artillery are history, but rules though...

Underground or not, they kick the ass of the rest of Danish metal. And the likes of Iniquity, Manticora, Illdisposed, Invocator and Hatesphere are hardly underground either.

anyone know Maltese Falcon ?
they had a brilliant album out in 1984 named "Metal Rush" traditional heavy metal , with an epic touch.
they were the support group for Manowar when they played in Denmark.

here are some additional U-bands from Denmark, even some of my favorites are among them (ulvedal....how could ya forget):

Grope (there early stuff is great.....)

Dominus (early stuff is great (Death).....the last LP was crap)

Konkhra (Check out their album Spit or swallow, even though SAD is there best act.......they play, hmm early stuff is death with some grind and some "black-voice"...then 100% death...now some kind of not-groovy rock &roll death)

Fairytale Abuse ( www.Fairytale-abuse.com They play very melodic black/death, and Simon has a killar-voice......) My favorite!

Aperent (bad spelling......).........great band wich will have a cd out soon, have a cd which is not mixed finishedf yet, and it sounds great)

Sjovt at Kim (king) styrer så vildt selvom han kommer fra Hvidovre, mage til lortested.......ingen fucking smøger efter kl. 23!

No doubt about that Illdisposed make great music.....But their attitude is like shit, I have met them a few times. And all I can say is fuck off to those guys.......But hey Their music kills!!!:..

Listening to Illdisposed: Whithering Teardrops.............cool song!!

Its not like they banged a girl I had in mind or so....:/......and its about 5-6 years since I met them.

I was helping with sound and stagesetup when they played a koncert 5-6 years ago and their attitude where just shit.......Especcially Bo Summer their leadsinger. I have never met a more selfcentered person who did not really give shit about his fans. I do not respect that I actuaslly hate it...........But their drummer and Lasse are actually nice people I have to say!!