DANZIG To Celebrate 30th Anniversary With Summer European Shows

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
2018 marks the incredible 30th anniversary for DANZIG. To commemorate the occasion, Glenn Danzig and his bandmates will play a limited number of special shows in Europe in August. The run begins August 2 at Wacken Open Air, where DANZIG will headline one of the main stages, and includes stops in the U.K., Germany, Luxembourg and Czech Republic. DANZIG will complete the tour with a headlining performance at Brutal Assault festival on August 11 in Jaromer, Czech Republic. Tour dates: Aug. 02 - Wacken, Germany - Wacken Open Air Aug. 03 - Luxembourg, Luxembourg - Den Atelier Aug. 04 - Cologne, Germany - Live Music Hall Aug. 06 - Glasgow, Scotland - Barrowlands Aug. 07 - London, England - Brixton Academy Aug. 09 - Wiesbaden, Germany - Schlachthof Aug. 10 - Munich, Germany - Tonhalle Aug. 11 - Jaromer, Czech Republic - Brutal Assault In a 2017 interview with Rolling Stone, Glenn said: "I don't tour. To me, touring is going out for a month on a bus. I don't do that anymore. [Laughs] What I do now is play shows where I can fly in and out. I'm not bouncing around on a tour bus anymore." Asked why he dislikes touring, Glenn said: "I've been doing it my whole life. I have so much going on [at home], and I can't get any work done on the road. It's great going out and performing for everybody — that's the only good part of the whole day. But that's two hours, okay? The rest of the day is wasted." DANZIG was formed in 1987 after Glenn's involvement with horror-punks the MISFITS and gothic hard rockers SAMHAIN. DANZIG's latest album, "Black Laden Crown", came out in May 2017 via Evilive Records/Nuclear Blast Entertainment.

Continue reading...