Danzig

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I recently "discovered," Danzig. For whatever reason, I've pretty much always ignored him. Anyhoo, picked up the first three albums, since quick research revealed that most thought the first four albums the only ones worthwhile. I gotta say, pretty cool stuff. Kind of like Horror Elvis or something, but with surprisingly cool hooks and such. I'm more than a little surprised, pleasantly so.

I also picked up some Samhain and dig that too.....will probably have to try some Misfits before it's all over (have listened to samples already - liked 'em). I guess James Hetfield knew what he was talking about all those years ago. Hmmm.

The "cartoony," evil works in a real potent way, making the stuff almost creepy.

Anybody here like this stuff?

Wiz, get yourself his 4th album (the one titled with symbols), it's great! A few of his best songs are there, like Cantspeak (awesome video!) or Going Down to Die.
I dig the first four albums, the rest doesn't move me at all...
How The Gods Kill is the best IMO.

Wiz, get yourself his 4th album (the one titled with symbols), it's great! A few of his best songs are there, like Cantspeak (awesome video!) or Going Down to Die.
I dig the first four albums, the rest doesn't move me at all...
How The Gods Kill is the best IMO.

Cool. I'll get the 4th. I'd heard it was good too. I like How the Gods Kill as well, alot, but probably like the first one the most right now. The Samhain - Unholy Passion EP is another I'm really digging. I do like the Misfits samples I've tried, will start on those next. The Samhain stuff is kinda hard to find.

You've got to get the Danzig-era Misfits, regardless if you like punk or not. Absolute classics through & through. (try to ignore the fact that Misfits t-shirts are plastered all Hot Topic).

Danzig II & IV are my favorite solo albums.

Yup the first 4 are pretty much the only ones worth getting but on a side note i do own his Circle of Snakes album and I do think it is good.. not great like the first 4 albums but worth buying imo... he went downhill when he lost John Christ as well as Eerie and Chuckie Biscuits but it was John Christ who made the songs great with his guitar playing..but Circle of Snakes is as close to the old Danzig as you'll get... give it a try... also I would consider Danzig's singing as a evil combination of Elvis and Jim Morrison... tough to say which are my favorite album... probably the first one or Lucifuge...

The first four are classic records!! I especially love his cover of "The Hunter" made famous by Paul Rodgers and Free waaay back when. His 5th album was total industrail sh*te. Really.

However, his 6th record, with a new line-up, is really quite strong. It's modern, and not too similar to the classic era, but close enough...and with the great hooks you mentioned.

I agree with almost everyone. First 4 Danzig albums are essencial. My favourite is "II" however my 3 favourites songs aren´t from that album: "Twist of cain", "Mother" and "Dirty black summer".

I have to say in the last 2 Danzig albums ("I luciferi" and "Circle of snakes") there´s a few good songs, specially on "I luciferi" like the title track, "Angel blake" or "Black mass".

I just picked up Danzig III today. Inspired by this thread of course. I actually haven't owned 4 before, after III I lost interest. I recall I got a copy of Black Acid Devil at a record show years back and I loaned it out it never came back. And I never missed it so I suppose it wasn't all that great. I have to grab the rarities set soon...

That double disc rarities album looks fantastic!!!!!

I am drooling over that release... counting the days!

MAJOR Danzig fan here... I have all of his albums, 1-4 are awesome 5 was absolute shit, 6 was good and 7 was good and Circle of Snakes was pretty good too... don't forget demons sweat live... that EP has got a couple of nice songs!

Product Details

Audio CD (June 12, 2007)
Original Release Date: May 29, 2007
Number of Discs: 2
Label: Megaforce
ASIN: B000PFU9TW
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #796 in Music (See Bestsellers in Music)

(FREAKS OUT!)

Now I am confused, when the hell is it gonna be in stores for purchase! :mad: On Amazon it says it will be available June 12, 2007... the agony I thought I would get my claws on this one next week :cry: