Danzig

Danza.jpg

:kickass:

It has been pushed back though I emailed a couple of contacts and could possibly get a review copy... We'll see. For now June it is...

The agony! :mad: It pisses the hell out of me when they move release dates... I was all set for next week, dammit to hell! :mad:

Wiz, get yourself his 4th album (the one titled with symbols), it's great! A few of his best songs are there, like Cantspeak (awesome video!) or Going Down to Die.
I dig the first four albums, the rest doesn't move me at all...
How The Gods Kill is the best IMO.

Agreed. I agree so much I got a tatoo of the danzig 3 dagger covering my left arm. It is also covered in wicked hell-fire. You can't go wrong with 1-4. Danzig is one of the all time best frontmen. Along with Slayer and King Diamond, he brought me into the darkside!

So was 4 as bad as I think it is?!

Yeah, it was when he first started "experimenting"... Circle of Snakes is when he seemed to be trying to get back to his original style but problem is that John Christ had alot to do with that style and he is not in the band on Snakes... which though will never compared to the first 3 albums it is still a good album nonetheless....

Yeah, it was when he first started "experimenting"... Circle of Snakes is when he seemed to be trying to get back to his original style but problem is that John Christ had alot to do with that style and he is not in the band on Snakes... which though will never compared to the first 3 albums it is still a good album nonetheless....

I might have to pick up Circle of Snakes....

I honestly like all the Danzig albums, though some more then others, and a couple of them took a really like time to enjoy.

I'd say the first 3 albums are the most likely to win people over, but 4 is my favorite and probably the most diverse and experimental but still keeping elements of the original style.

Circle of snakes is decent, has some great songs on it, and it even has Tommy Victor on guitar.

Johnchrist.com hasn't been updated since the late 90's (at the earliest). He is currently running a little business that helps fight/prevent fires on set for movie production companies.

If you are looking for projects by early Danzig members, Eerie Von has released 3 solo albums (the blood and the body being my favorite), a garage punk/surf thing under the name Eerie Von's Spider Cider, and a re-release of his pre-Samhain hardcore punk band Rosemarys Babies.

Danzig 4 is ESSENTIAL, When I first heard it I did not like it much... but after a few years I spun it again and it really took me by surprise, yes it is much more diff than 1-3, but it has become one of my favs. Danzig 5 was pure shit, I cannot stand that album. Danzig 6 is awesome, it is nothing like his old stuff, but very good on it's own, 7 has a few good songs in it, sort of like a so-so album with a couple of gems and Circle of Snakes has very good moments in it, a return to a bit of the classic sound, although at times the guitar tone bugs me and the same whinny riff gets on my nerves, otherwise very good.

Now tomorrow is the release date of his CD with old unreleased material... I am salivating! :worship:

Yup, I am a Danzig fangirl :heh:

:cry: the release has been postponed YET AGAIN for July 10th... dammit to hell! :mad: